Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wanting To Buy A Vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting To Buy A Vtec

im just not gettin everything i want out of my stock motor...wanting to upgrade a lil...but for a good price...hit me up if you know of anywhere i can get one...and will the parts like a intake and headers fit the new engine?

Check the classifieds

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

He can't. Not for another 18 posts. Check the rules.

Anyway, what "vtec" do you want to get? Anything but the H22A or F20B is a waste of money. The stock motor actually has a good deal of potential, you just have to modify it.

And yes, there are aftermarket parts for just about EVERY Honda engine. The H22 has the most performance parts available. The F22A (your stock motor) probably has the second largest amount of good parts.

Before you yank that F22A, be aware that Bisi Ezerioha is making about 423hp with his F22A, naturally aspirated. There are people making upwards of 400hp on turbo F22As as well. Possibly over 600hp.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        He can't. Not for another 18 posts. Check the rules.
        Yes, I realized that. But, I'm betting he's not planning on an engine swap within the next week. By the time he's ready for a swap, he SHOULD have more that 30 posts...

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

"I'm not getting everything I want out of my stock motor"

of course not, you didn't by a twin turbo'd supra; you bought a family sedan. The f22's certainly do have a lot of potential and most f22's can lay the smack down on civics if lightly tuned.

I certainly would reconsider your need for vtec and look more into how much of a monster the f22 can become.

Just to point you in the right direction; you may want to consider:
          -the common intake, header, exhaust combo
          -cam regrind
          -ecu chip
          -many parts off of the h motor can also be adapted to our car.
          -and weight reduction; probably the only free performance upgrade you can do to your car.

just search around the different threads and you'll see.

Comment

maybe he just wants vtec bc its the best of both worlds?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
              maybe he just wants vtec bc its the best of both worlds?
              best of both worlds?? before 5200, and after 5200?? lol

to the poster, do you have any mods done to your current engine, and how much money do you realisticly have to spend
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

dude. get a bisi cam, port and polished head, h23 intake mani, h23 transmission, and slap a dsm kit on that.

right now im making 243hp on a stock engine. get yourself a turbo dude.
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                  dude. get a bisi cam, port and polished head, h23 intake mani, h23 transmission, and slap a dsm kit on that.

right now im making 243hp on a stock engine. get yourself a turbo dude.
                  or, do all of the above, plus slap some forged pistons and rods in there, and crank up the power to around 350whp
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185

to the poster, do you have any mods done to your current engine, and how much money do you realisticly have to spend

Yeah, actually it is. Civilized and efficient, with F22 power below 5200 and a lot more powerfull above 5200.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

VTEC is like having a race cam and a "granny" cam in one.

That being said... I'm going to go drive mine.

Comment

what you need is a small block chevy.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                          what you need is a small block chevy.
                          thats a good joke..

anywaiiizz, ExCoupe92 is right that our F22's do have a lot of potential; just a little tuning and a few mods and you'll be satisfied. our F22A's can go deep into the B-Series territories, you just gotta know what your doing.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185

all i have is a short ram intake...ill have about 2000 grand to put in

Comment

I bought a Vtec at a store once, but I think it was defective so I returned it.

Lol

Learn a few things first kiddo!

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Working...
                              X