Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A/C Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Delete

I have an h22a4 already with no P/S and i want to delete the A/C. I know it requires a different alternator belt but i dont know which one. Which belt could i use??

Search in the DIY section, there's a DIY for this. I think it says just an alt. belt for the DX w/o a/c. But I have also heard you need a custom length belt., though the first option makes more since to me.
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

The DX belt may not work for the H22.

Get a cloth tape measure, like they use at clothing stores, and run it around the belts you'll be using. Then go to a store and ask for a belt of that length, with the proper number of ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        The DX belt may not work for the H22.
        Sorry, it's been a long day and I didn't even realize he said he has a h22a4.
        Originally posted by 92dm
        I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
        VOUCHES
        Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

ask for the alternator belt with no a/c for the h22. ... thats what i did for my f22
          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

They have an F22A belt with no AC because there was a base model CB7 that came with no AC. The H22A is the high-end Prelude motor. I seriously doubt that there were any H22 powered Preludes that came without AC.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              They have an F22A belt with no AC because there was a base model CB7 that came with no AC. The H22A is the high-end Prelude motor. I seriously doubt that there were any H22 powered Preludes that came without AC.
              2x...no prelude's without a/c. but, use deev's cloth method.

Here's how all multi-rib belts are measured.

A standard part number looks something like

#PK-####

IE: 4pk-0840

now, the last four are almost always end in 0 or 5 to allow for adjustablity

the first #, 4 stands for the number of ribs....for accords and preludes our alternator and a/c belts has five....so 5pk-####

The last four numbers are the length of the belt in millimeters (I believe). So wrap tape around pulley's, measure length with the tape relatively taught. then insert number. the accord without ac is 5pk-0855 or something close to that....dunno bout prelude but it won't be far...

good luck hope that helps.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

thanks i appreciate it...ill try and do it once im back in town...

Comment

Working...
                X