Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

light flywheel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light flywheel question

is it true light flywheels ruin top speed acceleration? my cousin recently replaced is stock setup with a f1 racing clutch and flywheel kit and now he cant go past 117mph

117mph is the speed limiter.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz
      is it true light flywheels ruin top speed acceleration? my cousin recently replaced is stock setup with a f1 racing clutch and flywheel kit and now he cant go past 117mph
      how does that even make sense?

...adjust accordingly

Comment

it is a h23 prelude wouldnt the limiter be higher?

Comment

I have a Bisimoto (8.9lb) flywheel/H22A tranny have no issues with "ruined" top end. It actually get's up there pretty good.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Yes a lighter flywheel may ruin your top end (Depending on set up and how good the product is). I purchased a 8.5 pound Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel. I was told that light flywheels are not good for every day use. The Stock flywheel weighs around 20 pounds. For every day use a 12 pound flywheel should be good.
            One Day At A Time
            "Honda Connaisseur"
            1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
            1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
            1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
            1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
            1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
            1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
            Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
            Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

i'm still looking at that twelve pound F1 flywheel, looks like a good deal and i can't find any con about it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by STL_92_Accord
                Yes a lighter flywheel may ruin your top end (Depending on set up and how good the product is). I purchased a 8.5 pound Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel. I was told that light flywheels are not good for every day use. The Stock flywheel weighs around 20 pounds. For every day use a 12 pound flywheel should be good.
                i thought it would be the other way around. as in everyday driving you would do alot of accelerating and decelerating not constant top speeds

Comment

Originally posted by STL_92_Accord
                  Yes a lighter flywheel may ruin your top end (Depending on set up and how good the product is).
                  I can see no reason for this being the case. Can you back up your statement?"
                  Regards from Oz,
                  John.

Comment

Working...
                  X