Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lifetime Seatbelt warranty thru Honda is true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord1320 View Post
    I called my nearest dealership & spoke to a services manager, and they said they can do it too, but they are emplementing a $105 "service estimate" because they need to "diagnose it." Then, when they check it out & find that it was not covered by warranty, you'd have no choice but to pay.

Did anyone else get this when they called their dealership?
    Where in California are you located? Do you have the automatic belts? Both of my automatic belts stopped functioning in October of last year. I went down there and told them that I heard we had lifetime warranty. He looked up my vin and said that they would check it out and see what was the problem. Basically they fixed everything free of charge, but it took a month of going back and forth to get it done. Try another dealer and see what they tell you.

Comment

San Diego, California. My driver's auto belt stopped working long before I became the new owner. Previous owner said that it stopped working over 5 years ago but didnt bother to check on it since he can buckle/unbuckle it to get in n out. (Its stuck in the "back" or activated position.)

I will try another dealer then. Thank you for keeping this thread alive. I know its old, but I'm also sure that this will come in handy for us cb7'ers who still have this problem. Who knows? This might even become my next video tutorial if it gets too expensive and may have to resort to going huntin' for parts at the JY

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
      Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Good info to have. Especially since our cars are getting up there in age and things are starting to wear out

Comment

Wow, I noticed a bit of slicing/fraying in my rear seat shoulder belts... and they hold in baby seats so i should get that looked at!
          Also the drivers seat belt latch itself is a little worn out. Still clicks and locks but not like the others. Have to see what my local dealer says.

Good info!

EDIT: wow not in Canada... reading PDF's of our warranty here from Honda. Occupant Protection (list seat belts) is listed under the power train warranty, 5 years or 100,000km which ever comes up first.

That sucks
          Gotta pay to fix this.
          Last edited by Ispintechno; 06-08-2013, 03:06 AM.

Comment

This worked for my DA when I ran into problems with it.

Comment

I have an appointment Saturday to get one of the rear outboard belts serviced (installed backwards or twisted up somewhere I can't see) and the other rear outboard replaced(no longer retracts), will let you all know how it goes. I don't see it being a problem, my Honda dealer has never been hard to work with before, but I'm armed with my 1992 Honda warranties booklet in hand just in case.

They scheduled my appointment for 10:03 AM lol.
              Last edited by STOCKa6; 06-13-2013, 09:16 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

So much for that, the dealer said the backwards seat belt must have been tampered with and wasn't their problem. Then because it was so warm Saturday the retractor was working perfectly. lol.

No major problems getting them to acknowledge the warranty, though at first he tried saying it only covered front seat belt assemblies. I read him the the warranty word for word from the book and he hushed up pretty quick.

Comment

There is a Honda Service Bulletin still out there for the retractable seat belts. I printed a copy out, because the service guy acted as if he didnt know what I was talking about. They also said the same thing about the diagnostic fee...ended up being covered under the recall. Search Google for that bulletin and print it out (for all that need it in the future). Saved me the frustration.

Here's a link to get ya'll started.
                  1990 Honda Accord Recalls

Comment

Ill just put this here. The belt was not frayed but the retracting part of it was messed up. They fixed it for free.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...37#post3152737

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X