Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HID problem with high beams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID problem with high beams

i installed an hid kit for my high beams along side another kit for my projectors. when i turn on my regular lights everything works fine, but wen i turn on the high beams, which have hid's aswell, turn on for a bit and then shut off (just the highs). After i change the lighting relay they work for a bit and then die.

The kit was made for a 9006 slot but im running it in the 9005 for the highs.

Both kits are the same.

I've been through 3 relays, is there any way for me to get this working without going thru relays every few seconds?

Perhaps they're getting too hot, blowing a relay?

Comment

Originally posted by g$up
      The kit was made for a 9006 slot but im running it in the 9005 for the highs.

Both kits are the same.

I've been through 3 relays, is there any way for me to get this working without going thru relays every few seconds?
      You are replacing the relays with the correct replacement right?

I would assume using the 9006 kit in a 9005 application could be the problem. I'm assuming if your 9006 kits are similar to mine, you would have had to modify the plugs (where the kit connects to the stock headlight bulb wires) for the 9006 kit to fit in a 9005 application.

This would work with just headlight bulbs but, when you switch to HID's it sounds like something with that modification is causing you to repetedly blow relays.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
        You are replacing the relays with the correct replacement right?

I would assume using the 9006 kit in a 9005 application could be the problem. I'm assuming if your 9006 kits are similar to mine, you would have had to modify the plugs (where the kit connects to the stock headlight bulb wires) for the 9006 kit to fit in a 9005 application.

This would work with just headlight bulbs but, when you switch to HID's it sounds like something with that modification is causing you to repetedly blow relays.
        thanks for the reply. the plug actually fit right in the 9005 socket without any problems. as for the relays i picked up a few from the junkyard from cb7s. wen i turn the highs on, it runs for a minute or so, then they start flickering and just shut off.

i found out it was the relay because the one i initially had in the car i tapped, and the lights flickered for a bit and then shut off.

Im just stumped because i've wired it the same way as with the regular beams in my projectors. I've tested the other ballasts and bulbs for the highs and they work.

Comment

could i run it from the other connector for the regular lights on the other side of the car and just have a toggle switch to turn em on or off? or would that stress out the relay aswell?

Comment

hids

I'd reccomend using the correct kit
            my members page http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=23408
            Myspace myspace.com/ryan3600

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickaccord360
              I'd reccomend using the correct kit

X2........

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Quck question guys..... while you guys were on the topic of HID's, I couldn't help but 2 think, is there a way where u wire up your low beams and high beam bulbs to only 1 ballast???, because if not I mite just have to get sum one to do an install for me, because I hate the thoughts of 2 ballasts under the hood...

Comment

Are you running with one piece projectors and the wiring that comes with the headlights? If so you should mod them by not using the harness that comes with the kit. I had problems with all the harnesses that I had when I put projectors into my other car so I just got adapters to use my stock wiring.

Save a Driver. Drive a Honda.

Comment

Working...
                  X