Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Megan racing coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megan racing coilovers

Whats up. Ive been looking to buy some coilovers or springs to fill the gap between my wheels and fender. I found some on a website called sportcompactwarehouse.com The brand in Megan Racing and they are only like 110 dollars for the coilover set. Its a good price but im not sure about the quality. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this brand. Peace

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Originally posted by LowNknoxville
    Whats up. Ive been looking to buy some coilovers or springs to fill the gap between my wheels and fender. I found some on a website called sportcompactwarehouse.com The brand in Megan Racing and they are only like 110 dollars for the coilover set. Its a good price but im not sure about the quality. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this brand. Peace

i have those coilovers and they are really bouncy. i wouldn't get them. get prelude springs or coil overs. it'll ride alot better since preludes weigh more.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cb790
      i have those coilovers and they are really bouncy. i wouldn't get them. get prelude springs or coil overs. it'll ride alot better since preludes weigh more.

Wrong.

If he wants a comfort ride , he'll have to get softer spring rates.

Prelude springs will not fit.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

did you replace your shocks or just put the springs in?

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-9...spagenameZWDVW

Here get these... they are way cheaper and the same quality! :P
          AD5OS
          FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-9...spagenameZWDVW

Here get these... they are way cheaper and the same quality! :P
            lol , you're kidding right?

Those are backbreakers.

Comment

Megan Racing =
              Raceline USA

Comment

Megan Racing makes decent stuff. Not great, but better than most for the price.

However, coilover sleeves are usually pretty junky, no matter where you get them. It sounds like you want cheap, so I'm SURE you're not planning on replacing your tired old struts at the same time. No matter what you get, that will ensure a horrible (and dangerous) ride.

Replace the struts. The Megan Racing coilovers are ok... but I'd personally go with some quality springs instead. Neuspeed and H&R are both very nice.

As for the recommendation for Prelude springs... that has to be some of the WORST advice I have ever seen on this site.

Comment

Thanks deeves. I do want cheap. but dont want a ride like my old truck. It was a bumpy 3 years. I would like to find some used ones but if that is better to do it all at one time ill want that. PEACE

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Ive been reading of a lot of shitty advice on here recently.................

Do it right or dont do it at all.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

anyone ever really done a comparison of dirt cheap coil overs? Any other sites like with reviews of them? What makes them cheaper than megan racing or any other high performance part?

I am half tempted to just buy those cheapo ones just to see what they are like. I can always go back to my stock springs.
                      AD5OS
                      FOLDING@home

Comment

my bad guys someone told me to get prelude coil overs and it kinda sounded like it made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS
                          anyone ever really done a comparison of dirt cheap coil overs? Any other sites like with reviews of them? What makes them cheaper than megan racing or any other high performance part?

I am half tempted to just buy those cheapo ones just to see what they are like. I can always go back to my stock springs.

Cheap parts = cheap results.

Comment

go with a quality coilover and you wont be disappointed.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              As for the recommendation for Prelude springs... that has to be some of the WORST advice I have ever seen on this site.
                              very funny but honestly they're right coilovers suck unless you get the expensive ones and I think people are just passing information around they're friends gave them just like when i first joined the site or even before then i believed that you could cut springs and ride lowered for cheap.

DO NOT DO THIS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES

Deev is hilarious
                              Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Working...
                              X