Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Project X: RWD Accord build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project X: RWD Accord build

Most of you if not all of you probably dont know or care who i am.
    I am a car enthusiast, mainly hondas, so i thought i'd share my project here with you guys as well, i know i'm going to need help from this site as well... and maybe i can contribute down the road as well.

to start off this was the only place on the forum i could post... i tried to go down and put it in non related cb7 cars but it wouldnt let me..

the car is a 1988 accord dx hatch...not a cb7 but does run cb7 engine chassis and suspension. so it will have some relation. kinda like i married the 2 together haa.

suggestions more than welcome as i know i'm going to run into a snag somewhere down the road.

i've started a thread on 3geez here, from start to almost finish. i have been with them somewhat longer than any other forum.

if someone could give me permission to post in the non related car forum or whatever... then you can move this there.
    Last edited by cvandulken; 05-09-2008, 01:56 PM.

RWD Accord build? Why not just get an S2000?
    Raceline USA

Comment

... i wouldnt learn anything now would i

this is also waaaay cheaper. and since i have the time and the parts.. why not.

Comment

Originally posted by cvandulken
        ... i wouldnt learn anything now would i

this is also waaaay cheaper. and since i have the time and the parts.. why not.
        Well you do have a point. Seems like an interesting project. Keep us posted and welcome!
        Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxCB7
          Well you do have a point. Seems like an interesting project. Keep us posted and welcome!

thanks.. and will do with the post updating thingy.

Comment

Sounds interesting What motor are you going with? Welcome by the way
            Last edited by Grumpys93; 05-09-2008, 02:18 PM.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

i have my choice between a f22a6 unknown condition all i know is it has 480xxx k's

and a h22 which i think ran just fine before they took it in to get the timing belt changed and has never ran properly since. they swapped it out because they thought it was going but allot of money to fix and they got a sweet deal on a h22a jdm motor and trans anyway. i did the work for them in 2 days and they gave me the old engine/trans.

when i got it back to my house i pulled the timing belt cover and learned that non of the springs were put back and that the balancer shafts belt was way overtightened and not set @ tdc.. not sure if the timing belt was over tightened... my first h22

there are a bunch of pics on in the build thread on 3g's if you want to see what i'm working with pretty much.
              Last edited by cvandulken; 05-09-2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

cool How exactly are you going to make it rwd turning the motor? Or are you putting it in the rear?
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Oh and that pin in the crank is suppose to be there it holds the stock flywheel as well
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Wasnt Deev going RWD with his hatch as well?

Oh, he went turbo.

Wait..

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

damn thats gonna be a crazy build!!!!! well at least its unique... keep us posted and put some pics up please????
                      The most influential people have influential friends i have none but peer pressure!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                        cool How exactly are you going to make it rwd turning the motor? Or are you putting it in the rear?
                        in the rear it goes... i already have the 4g subframe ready for welding into the 3g. theres a bunch o pics on that here and on page 4 of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cvandulken
                          in the rear it goes... i already have the 4g subframe ready for welding into the 3g. theres a bunch o pics on that here and on page 4 of the thread.
                          Lol i know reading owns me in your other thread lol Way behind looks interesting though im excited to see how it turns out subscribed
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                            Oh and that pin in the crank is suppose to be there it holds the stock flywheel as well
                            ya... solved that one with the help of this forum... turns out i had a b series flywheel... i just used the h22 one.

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
                              Wasnt Deev going RWD with his hatch as well?

Oh, he went turbo.

Wait..

i only know of a mr integra, 2x h22 del sol and a crv swapped awd del sol.. oh there was some guy who lives about 3 hours away or somthing that has a awd turbo civic ef to i think. drivetrain pulled from a 91 civic wagovan or somthing.

Comment

Working...
                              X