Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Any reason to replace O2 sensor if getting good mileage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reason to replace O2 sensor if getting good mileage?

I didnt know if its good to change your O2 sensor even if your getting 25-30mpg? Couldnt imagine it'd do much diff in increasing mileage if I did replace it. Car has 137,000 miles.

I wouldn't

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i would think it would be a waste of money to do so. btw is that city or highway driving?

Comment

Its a mix. I got the car at about 110,000 miles and should hit 138k in a week or so. I mostly just drive a mix of highway and city, but I do take the car on occasional trips a few hours away. I drive it like an old man too

I didnt figure it needed changed, but wasnt sure if it was something that gets done at a certain time like a timing belt for example. Which I need to check into too!

Comment

If it's the orginal since mile zero , then it's a good idea.
          Feeding trolls is my profession and hobby.
          I have the ability to speak and write the idiot language.
          Masters Degree on Trolling & Counter-Trolling

Comment

If it doesn't really required for it to get replaced, I wouldn't.

Comment

Hell, I'm still running the original stock O2 sensor, and I have 253,000 miles on the beast. I just drove 1500 miles from Utah to Texas, and averaged 37mpg.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

how where you getting 37mpg??

Comment

I found this:
                  http://www.autohausaz.com/html/emiss...n_sensors.html

says:

Unheated oxygen sensors on 1976 to early 1990s vehicles - Every 30,000 - 50,000 miles

Heated (1st generation) oxygen sensors on mid-1980s to mid-1990s vehicles - Every 60,000 miles

Heated (2nd generation) oxygen sensors on mid-1990s and newer vehicles - Every 100,000 miles.

Thats a maintenance recommendation, but as mentioned I didnt know if it was really needed...I may look into it for the heck of it and see if it helps. I assume you'd reset our ECU after replacing it too!

Comment

Why does everyone feel the need to fix something that isnt broken?

Better to paypal me the money then waste it on something pointless.
                    PS. Im serious, PM if you want my paypal address

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedLip81
                      I found this:
                      http://www.autohausaz.com/html/emiss...n_sensors.html

says:

Unheated oxygen sensors on 1976 to early 1990s vehicles - Every 30,000 - 50,000 miles

Heated (1st generation) oxygen sensors on mid-1980s to mid-1990s vehicles - Every 60,000 miles

Heated (2nd generation) oxygen sensors on mid-1990s and newer vehicles - Every 100,000 miles.

Thats a maintenance recommendation, but as mentioned I didnt know if it was really needed...I may look into it for the heck of it and see if it helps. I assume you'd reset our ECU after replacing it too!
                      That's all right information...but the O2 sensor isn't part of maintenance...well...it is...but not the average maintenance required every so often like oil, filter, tires....etc.
                      Last edited by Djmoua; 05-07-2008, 05:03 PM.

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

if you have good gas mileage and NO CEL, then why bother? i know you want to go by the book, but if its not needed and will not benefit you in anyway, why change it? You're already getting 25-30mpg, our cars are rated 21/29 so it looks like its working fine to me.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                        X