Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ball Joint Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball Joint Question

I'm in the middle of finishing doing my front lower ball joint on my car. I noticed that the new ball joints that I got from honda didn't have that groove for the C-clip like the original has. Did honda do an update on the ball joints that it doesn't require them?

Thank You
    Last edited by 1990AccordEX; 05-07-2008, 12:42 AM.

'90 Accord EX

Originally posted by 1990AccordEX
    I'm in the middle of finishing doing my ball joint on my car. I noticed that the new ball joints that I got from honda didn't have that groove for the C-clip like the original has. Did honda do an update on the ball joints that it doesn't require them?

Thank You
    Upper or lower ball joints?

Cause i did one ball joint for icedplaya123's mom's car and her original that i took out didnt have the C-clip.
    I put in a OE suspension brand one and it came with a C-clip.

Comment

Its the lower one

'90 Accord EX

Comment

There are 2 versions of the balljoint. One with the snap ring and one without. The ones I ordered came without.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
          There are 2 versions of the balljoint. One with the snap ring and one without. The ones I ordered came without.
          Cool, Thank You for the help

'90 Accord EX

Comment

If its just your balljoint boot that's gone bad, Energy Suspension makes a set of 4, 2 upper & 2 lower, for our CB7s. I got my set off Ebay for $15, they're made of polyurethane, so they're much tougher than the rubber boots and resist salt, oils, coolant, and whatever else you happen to splash on it.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

new OEM LBJs doesn't have the clips anymore..

Comment

Sometimes its just not worth doing the boots itself. it can cause more issues in the end. When a ball joint goes bad, replacing the boot is a bandaid to the problem.
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                  Sometimes its just not worth doing the boots itself. it can cause more issues in the end. When a ball joint goes bad, replacing the boot is a bandaid to the problem.
                  well yeah you first have to make sure its just the boot in question that's bad. Shake the wheel left and right and up and down when its jacked up in the air to see if it's bad or not. THEN make the decision to just replace the boots and repack w/ grease or to buy new balljoints. BTW, the only way to get OEM upper balljoints is to buy the ENTIRE control arm for the top, so would you rather pay 130+ each for the control arms + 15 each for the LBJs? or 15 TOTAL w/ shipping for the boots?

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                  X