Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

obd-1 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obd-1 conversion

ok so here we go im back with more questions so i was going to go with the h22a motor in my accord but due to the unwanting head ach of wiring up the damn car for vtech to work as it should, like i was told i would have to do im not sure y but yeah any how i was wondering if i were to get the ungodblessed h23 which is the same engine basicly which i believe is a obd-II set up, accord being obd-I could one just swap over the h22a dizzy and other obd-I parts to make this work or would i have to swap the obd-I plugs for the obd-II plugs or just buy the obd-II engine harness and do the obd-I conversion at the ecu i would like to be able to just swapp the dizzy and other essential parts over that need to be obd-I thanks
    " go hard or go to the impound "
    women have kids
    men have pitts

All 92-95 H23's are OBD1.

Also, what is so hard about wiring VTEC up? You run 1 wire for the pressure sensor, 1 wire for the solenoid, and 1 wire for the knock sensor. Boom. Done.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
      All 92-95 H23's are OBD1.

Also, what is so hard about wiring VTEC up? You run 1 wire for the pressure sensor, 1 wire for the solenoid, and 1 wire for the knock sensor. Boom. Done.
      i had 2 wires to the pressure sensor. just a technicality. the other wire was a ground, but i agree 4 wire is hardly a wiring nightmare. try wiring a VH45DE to a S13 240sx. now that's some wiring.

Comment

wiring is wiring. If you don't know what your doing. You could screw up just one wire.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy
          wiring is wiring. If you don't know what your doing. You could screw up just one wire.
          And that's what the DIY and Swap stickies are for...
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

As mentioned above, the 92-95 H23As are OBD-1, but I'm pretty sure you will have to run a wire for the Knock Sensor, so there is still some wiring.

Honestly, doing the H22A wiring is not at all hard, and if you do it before you put the engine in then it's even easier. You can even do what I did, which was go to the junkyard, find a 4-wire plug (O2 sensor plug works great), and then make a mini wiring harness for the wires you run. As a bonus, it makes it a piece of cake to get the engine out if you ever need to.
            1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

If youre afraid of wiring up vtec for the h22 why would you wanna try to swap to an obd-2 engine harness and do the conversion at the ecu? Thats a lotttt of wires. I'll tell you, its makes me dizzy staring at all those wires. my 83 malibu has a lot less wires!

Follow the guides, its a popular and well-documented swap. Good luck
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

yo bro i agree wiring is wiring but im kinda new o the swap thing u know ive been a die hard cb7 fanatic hrs upon hrs of looking at ideas and more ideas just to change plans but thanks i was just really wondering if the h23 was obd-II or I well tanks again
                women have kids
                men have pitts

Comment

another ??? sorry does any body no when the h23 redlines im sure its better than the f22a i figure being that i shift at 5500rpm and when racing usaully at like 6500 so im guessing the h23 should hold out to about 7000 atleast before i start seeing problems rite
                  women have kids
                  men have pitts

Comment

Working...
                  X