Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

high flow cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high flow cat

will a high flow cat help my hp that much?

Better low end torque.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

you can also go with a test pipe with a o2 sim.
      UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

Originally posted by DriftProjectR
        straight pipes are illegal in VA

Comment

Originally posted by jdmjunky
          straight pipes are illegal in VA
          o sorry. i forgot about that. here in NV i think everyone and anyone with a modified exhaust has a test pipe. lifted trucks/hondas/nissans etc.
          UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

it'll help. but DEQ might fail you, like a 50-50 situation
            Once a CB7tuner always a CB7tuner

Comment

Originally posted by DriftProjectR
              He would not need a o2 sim since obd1 cars do not have a secondary o2 sensor

Comment

only by a lil bit do u have a cat back system???
                The most influential people have influential friends i have none but peer pressure!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftCB7
                  only by a lil bit do u have a cat back system???
                  no...all i have is headers and muffelor

Comment

i have a test pipe... it illegal in vancouver as well but whatever, until the day the cop gets on his knees to check. But im running it with a GReddy Evo II cat back and the only reason i got it was because it was $30... but i have to put my old exhaust back on or at least the cat for AirCare.

If you plan on getting a cat-back system then go for it, but if your using the stock piping it won't make much of a difference, really... but then again if the price is right, whatever just do it!!!!

another option is, if it illegal where you live is to take a stock cat and hollow it out with a baseball bat, that way you get the benefits and not the ticket

Comment

if your gonna get a high flow cat... get larger pipes also it will be worth it... also you wont have to do it in the future
                      The most influential people have influential friends i have none but peer pressure!!!

Comment

Just be a savage and get strait back piping...best way to go...or if your worried about inspections just hollow one out...

Comment

don't you get dizzy when you breath in the fumes? i took mine off b/c of that.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Diehlio
                            Just be a savage and get strait back piping...best way to go...or if your worried about inspections just hollow one out...
                            Hollowing out your cat will actually make you LOSE power.

High flow catalytic converters are not worth the price. Just get a quality replacement and you'll be fine. If you want to do it anyway, get one from SMSP or MetalCat.

There are better things to spend your money on.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                              don't you get dizzy when you breath in the fumes? i took mine off b/c of that.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X