Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Something is wrong?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is wrong?!?!?!

I dunno what happened exactly, but I came to a stop light today and steam started rolling from under the car.. I looked at the temp gauge and it was pegged on H... I pulled over immediately, shut the car off and popped the hood... Coolant and oil was EVERYWHERE!!! I wasn't getting on it or anything... What would cause a line to blow or cause oil and coolant to go everywhere if I'm not even running it hard? Hopefully it will be a easy cheap fix... I haven't looked at it too much yet, but if anyone has any advice or knows what might be wrong please let me know!!!

Thanks guys...
    Kenny
    Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

sounds like a blown head gasket

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Oil? Coolant? Sounds like headgasket or you blew a hole in your block some how.
      wat?

Comment

If the temp gauge was pegged, the head gasket is likely toast. If it blew, you may have warped the head.

It won't be cheap or easy to fix. Not impossible, but it might be easier to just get a new motor. You'll need to pull the head to change the gasket, and if the head is warped (which is likely), you'll need it to be machined... which may or may not completely fix it.

Comment

Or, you could just check the easy stuff before you go replacing motors, like looking at all your coolant lines to see if any popped off. Slightly cheaper than a motor. I've had a coolant line pop off, and my temperature gauge peg the H. That was 20,000 miles ago, and everything is fine.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I'm hoping it may just be a line... I've got some money saved up for my H22 swap... but I've got to get to work and school until I can order it... I really don't wanna dip into my swap money to fix stuff like a warped head... Would it be cheaper (if the head is warped) to get the head machined, or just buy a complete head from someone off here???

Comment

Originally posted by tickleMYelmo
              I'm hoping it may just be a line... I've got some money saved up for my H22 swap... but I've got to get to work and school until I can order it... I really don't wanna dip into my swap money to fix stuff like a warped head... Would it be cheaper (if the head is warped) to get the head machined, or just buy a complete head from someone off here???
              just a coolant line wouldn't have oil leaking though. i'm with the gasket or more likely the block idea

Comment

Originally posted by fewscrewsloose
                just a coolant line wouldn't have oil leaking though. i'm with the gasket or more likely the block idea
                Exactly, and if you need a temp fix, get a new head gasket, put it in, run it, and hope it lasts till you get to your swap

Comment

If it was oil AND coolant spraying all over the place... it's the head gasket.

If it overheated, it's also likely to be the head gasket. Overheating is the easiest way to trash an engine, especially an aluminum engine.

Comment

i'm def gonna change out the head gasket... when I do and I check the head to see if it's warped... will it be pretty obvious?? Or will I really need to look close to see if it's warped??

Comment

Originally posted by tickleMYelmo
                      i'm def gonna change out the head gasket... when I do and I check the head to see if it's warped... will it be pretty obvious?? Or will I really need to look close to see if it's warped??
                      you'll need to use a straight edge and a feeler gauge.

or just bring it to a machine shop and have them resurface it/check to see if its warper

Comment

Working...
                      X