Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 suspension question

To make a long story short i avoided a accident by steering off the road. as a result of that i eff'd up my car.i need to get a major alignment and also i see the outer tread of my tire rapidly shreading the question is how would i fix this?

Get an alignment done and rotate the tires to see if it goes away.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

its only on the front right tire and you can see the wheel tilted outward should i jus get a camber kit and get it aligned?

Comment

Something is bent - I suspect it will be the hub/knuckle if the wheel is tilted outward.
        Get it to a shop asap - cars aren't safe to drive with highly misaligned suspension

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

ill take sum pics tomorrow of my tire and you guys tell me wat you think

Comment

yeah pics of the damage would explain all, make sure to take some good ones w/ the tire on as well as from underneath so we can see what looks damaged

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

heres pics there from a camera phone so sorry for the bad quality

Comment

anyone have any suggestions on wat could be wrong

Comment

it looks like your axle is not sitting straight, like it's cocked at an angle. But look at your radius rods and upper and lower control arms to see if any of those look bent at the bushing/mounting point. Also inspect your balljoints, upper/lower/tierod (steering rack) to see if they're in safe shape.

Were those pics taken w/ a cell phone? they're kinda crappy pics if you could take some w/ a digi. cam perhaps it would turn out a bit better? and if you could get pics of the entire assembly a little bit further out so we can see the whole suspension vs. just parts close up that might help a bit.

your tire would def. need replacing though, since its already worn to the belts

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i cant see anything MAJORLY wrong but the quality of pics are hurting my eyes lol. You wanna just take the car in for an alignment and if its just out of wack, they can fix it. If somethings bent or broken or messed up too bad they will tell u and they wont charge due the fact that u went in for an alignment and they couldnt do it lol.

Comment

yea i dont have a digi jus a sidekick lol.. but hopefully i get my alignment tomorrow and ill see wat they tell me but ill try and take a pic of the whole assembly and post it up.. thanx

Comment

I think its either the lower arm or knuckle that is bent, the wheel alignment people should be able to tell you as they can see the car in person

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X