Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Low Profile Muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say WSII, i dunno if its low enough but for the sound and performance fudge yeah. i only paid 475 for mine installed, still breaking in and sounding a bit deeper now. very happy with this choice.
    1992 Accord EX-R 4 door Cobalt blue on blue 5 speed, friggin love this car.

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
      Magnaflow is good, you can also check out Dynamax mufflers, but for a whole cat-back they have all pretty much been covered in this thread. Kteller is another option for piping, but for brand names WS2, and the other one's are all really good, just try to go with SS because of the shitty winters here
      I want to try to avoid having an exhaust system shipped since shipping charges might get a little crazy with a package that heavy. You live in the same area mozzandherb, would you happen to know any shops around here that can help me pick out/put together an exhaust system for a decent price? I don't know anything about any of the exhaust parts shops around here.. (This may be something we can continue in pm's lol)

I can do a lot of the work myself except the welding which I'm going to get my friend's grandfather to do for me at his shop.

EDIT: The Apexi WS2 muffler seems too big.. (not low profile lol) and the tip is HUGE, 4 inches, geez.. not the exhaust system for me.. I think I may need to have one put together custom..? Ahhh!! Ignorance is frustrating lol..
      Last edited by Lebb; 05-02-2008, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebb
        I want to try to avoid having an exhaust system shipped since shipping charges might get a little crazy with a package that heavy. You live in the same area mozzandherb, would you happen to know any shops around here that can help me pick out/put together an exhaust system for a decent price? I don't know anything about any of the exhaust parts shops around here.. (This may be something we can continue in pm's lol)

I can do a lot of the work myself except the welding which I'm going to get my friend's grandfather to do for me at his shop.

EDIT: The Apexi WS2 muffler seems too big.. (not low profile lol) and the tip is HUGE, 4 inches, geez.. not the exhaust system for me.. I think I may need to have one put together custom..? Ahhh!! Ignorance is frustrating lol..
        Pm'd

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I got a pacesetter, pretty low pro imo

It's flat black except the tip which you could paint

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PaceS...spagenameZWD1V
          Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
          MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

I gotta add to this thread since I'm looking for a exhaust for my other car atm.
            The RS*R is HARD to find if you can even find it. The old RSR exhaust with the black painted piping and muffler wasn't stainless steel. the new one is full 304 stainiless steel. great to have when you live in a place that salts the roads for fun when winter comes knocking at your door.

Now the Apexi WS2 is a nice exhaust. but they didn't do something right with it.
            as poasted above:
            "The canister is made of the highest grade polished SUS304 stainless steel with titanium particle paint coated mild steel piping."
            Note the bold in the above sentance, that's right... it's NOT stainless piping. and I know of a couple people who had a bunch of trouble with their piping and exhaust hangers rusting off oh their WS exhausts. Granted it's not as bad as stright mild steel piping would be. But it's something to take into account if you live above the snow belt.
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

For sure having an all SS exhaust is almost a must here in Ottawa, if you drive the car in the winter

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                For sure having an all SS exhaust is almost a must here in Ottawa, if you drive the car in the winter
                With the ammount of salt you guys lay down, i have no problem agreeing with you hahaha. Salt blows, and we get a fair ammount here too.
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                  You could look for an Oval Magnaflow. Mine fits flush with the rear bumper pretty much.

x2
                  The most influential people have influential friends i have none but peer pressure!!!

Comment

How does the OBX twin loop muffler sound? I was kicking around the idea of getting one, but wasn't sure how it'd sound. And do you have the full exhaust, or just the muffler?

Comment

Working...
                    X