Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The Land Of Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Land Of Confusion

I've been reading around these forums alot and have afew questions about my car. Its a 1990 ex. From what I understand it should have a F22A4, right? But sitting in my engine bay is a F22A1 that doesn't run very well, idle problems, CEL's, smoke, more idle problems, ect.... could some of these problems be because the car is actually sopposed to have the a4?? I've swaped out some jy parts to try to help but it seems worse. should i try a a4 ecu? or maybe it doesn't matter? Like i said " Im confused". I also have a f22a1 from a lude that I'm rebuilding to swap in, will I have the same problems with that motor? and one last question that seems kinda dumb: is there a difference between a auto ecu and the manual?

I may be wrong but the f22a4 would have been stock.

The f22a1 was what came with the Prelude S

F22A4 specs:

Power (bhp@rpm): 130 @ 5,200 rpm
    Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 142 @ 4,000 rpm

F22A1 specs:

Power (bhp@rpm): 125 @ 5,200 rpm
    Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 137 @ 4,000 rpm

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213
      I may be wrong but the f22a4 would have been stock.

The f22a1 was what came with the Prelude S

F22A4 specs:

Power (bhp@rpm): 130 @ 5,200 rpm
      Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 142 @ 4,000 rpm

F22A1 specs:

Power (bhp@rpm): 125 @ 5,200 rpm
      Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 137 @ 4,000 rpm

Hope this helps!
      Basically what im trying to say is my car should have the A4 but instead it has an A1. Probably was put in as a replacement. is this a problem? should i get a A1 ecu? will an auto ecu work on my manual car?

Comment

Engine model depends on Car model and origin.
        F22A1 can be found in Accord DX and LX models.
        If the original engine was an A4 and they swapped in the A1 w/o changing the ECU then, yes some problems could arise.
        Also yes the manual/auto ECU's are different.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
          Engine model depends on Car model and origin.
          F22A1 can be found in Accord DX and LX models.
          If the original engine was an A4 and they swapped in the A1 w/o changing the ECU then, yes some problems could arise.
          Also yes the manual/auto ECU's are different.
          thank you for actually reading some of my ?s before posting a reply. you have been helpful. do you think when i swap in the A1 from the prelude I should get a 5sp lude ecu?

Comment

is there any way to check off of your vin to find out what originally came in the car? i have an a1 in my 91 lx, kinda curious.
            Cars:
            91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            98 Accord LX Sedan
            95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Originally posted by bmxfelon420
              is there any way to check off of your vin to find out what originally came in the car? i have an a1 in my 91 lx, kinda curious.
              I'm gonna call the Honda dealer tomorrow and ask. from what I've read only the Ex gets the A4, but do all the ex models get athe A4?

Comment

This may help your idle troubles
                Cleaning out IAC valve
                Give it a try

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

the Prelude S has 135 HP not 125, since it has a P12 ECU that gives it a 10 hp bump, basically if you have the A1 in your accord, you could swap the P12 ECU into your accord and now have 135 hp. Its a common upgrade and SO simple to do. Plug and play 10 hp basically.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

except a1's and a4's internally are the same and use the same ecu (PT3 to be exact), the only thing that differs would be the exhaust manifold.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
                      This may help your idle troubles
                      Cleaning out IAC valve
                      Give it a try
                      Thanks. tried that already, twice, then i found one that looked brand new at the jy, cleaned it, swaped it, nothing, then I reset my idle following directions from another link on this forum, nothing, bled the coolant, nothing, cleaned the fast idle valve, nothing, reset the ecu, nothing, cleaned the TB, nothing, the list goes on... I'm about to give up.

Comment

randomly swaping jy parts to a old car isn't that great of an idea.

To my knowledge, a4 has a better tubular header with 4-2-1 design which gives it the extra horse and lower end torque. Overall spec of the engine is almost the same (other than the header compare to a1).

difference between a4 and a1 ecu i think is the speed limiter, a1 has it, a4 doesn't, i believe a1 can run with a4 ecu without much problem.

Our cars have TCU, in theory, auto and manual can be mix and match, but sticking with original is better!

hopefully I helped

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

Tomorrow I"m gonna find a P12 ecu and see if that helps.

Comment

eh....again...pin point your problem first before you do things...
                            10hp is not gonna do much in a car that doesn't run well.

try seafoam sometime see if it can clean out ur manifold and help the idle problem.
                            for CEL...check the dyi section for code pulling....pull the code before you swap parts.
                            Or just do a compression test on ur engine see if it is worth your time

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

would i be alright to swap a p12 m/t ecu into my auto? Kinda curious, might call up the junkyard and see if there are any prelude s's sitting around.
                              Cars:
                              91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              98 Accord LX Sedan
                              95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Working...
                              X