Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help on spark plugs/wires..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on spark plugs/wires..

Hey guys,

On my quest for more MPG, I'm going to replace the spark plugs/wires next. Best deal I've seen appears to be http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...spagenameZWDVW
    for NGK products. Would this work fine? Not sure what mm the wires are..

But I also saw this for a few dollars cheaper, still NGK plugs just JDM wires instead
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...spagenameZWDVW

Yes my plugs and wires really need to be changed, had a oil leak months ago, its fixed but oil was in the plugs when I cleaned it all out.

Or if someone has a better idea/cheap place, please recommend. I looked at honda parts online, standard NGK wires were $15 each alone..
    90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
    DIY ram intake
    0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
    stock alt rewound to 120amps
    optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
    fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
    2004 Jeep Liberty v6
    2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Ngk.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Any product you find that claims to be better than other products that cost 4x as much... it's probably a lie.

Get the real NGK stuff. You won't be sorry. They aren't cheap, but they last. They do the job. And it's one thing you won't have to worry about.

Comment

I had that same question when I was a new member here. I am now running NGK plugs and wires. I used to alway run Bosch Platinum +4's. I am not taking anything away from NGK because they are specifically designed for our cars; however, IMO I believe that I got better gas milage and better performance with my Bosch plugs. But I am running NGK because that what the book and members here recommend.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I bought the first set up you found on ebay but from RockAuto.com
          I paid 35.79 for the wires and 8.50 i think for the plugs. Maybe you can price it out and see but im happy with what i got.

Comment

I was thinking of changing plugs and wires as well. I was just checking out NGK plugs and I seen an iridium(~7/plug) and a double platinum(~12/plug). I was just wondering if there was a huge difference there and what you guys suggest.

Comment

Working...
            X