Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vtec head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vtec head

this guy is selling me a vtec head for my car and he said he will install it for 450 just wondering if thats a good deal and also how much hp will that increase cause if not alot i think its no worth it

Whats your current setup?
    200SX SE-R w/ turbo lowport & S4 cams
    Versa SL 6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by 2dr_sentra
      im still stock the only real od that i have is a 2' exhaust from the headers

Comment

Originally posted by 2dr_sentra
        im still stock the only real od that i have is a 2' exhaust from the headers

Comment

what'd that vtec head off of? i'm thinking F22B1 or B2.

Comment

i think that's a little high for a f22 vtec head even if he installs it. besides the Ax head flows better.

Comment

The F22B1 head is absolute garbage. You'd be downgrading.

The F22B2 is not VTEC.

Even an H22A head swap wouldn't be worth it. It's a much better design than the F22B1, but without the rest of the motor to go with it, it's not nearly as good.

Comment

Just save up some more and get a Hdueceduece...
                Sig removed due to excessive size

Comment

So sick of people calling the B1 head absolute garbage. Is it as good as the F22Ax head? No. Is it complete and utter garbage? No. Does it do what it is intended to? Yes.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                    So sick of people calling the B1 head absolute garbage. Is it as good as the F22Ax head? No. Is it complete and utter garbage? No. Does it do what it is intended to? Yes.
                    everybody says that because their talking about it from a tuner standpoint. it's a head not worth swapping in to make power. i don't think anyone in here denies it will make good gas mileage, but it sure isn't the accord owner's answer to the LS Vtec. no late model honda engine is that bad. i can't say the same about the ford Zetec, or Chevy's Ecotec. now that's true garbage.

Comment

The F22B1 is a solid engine. It is efficient, reliable, and well made. It is not a performance engine. VTEC works on the intake valves only, and is intended to improve breathing to provide better fuel economy over a wider powerband.

Compared to the F22A head, in terms of performance, the ports are very poorly designed. It is not an upgrade. To put an F22B1 head on an F22A block, you're creating a significantly inferior motor than either the F22B1 or F22A. You're creating a "frankenstein" motor, which increases the chance of failure... there goes the solid reliability of either engine.

The F22B1 head IS garbage to us. It's useless. There is no good reason to EVER put that motor, or even part of that motor, into a CB engine bay. The F22A isn't a performance monster either, and it takes significant work to make it so... but it IS significantly better than the F22B1... and just as efficient.

I may sound a bit extreme... I don't mean to say that the F22B1 is complete garbage... It's not, for it's intended purpose. For a tuner, it's worthless, though. Unless you slap a turbo on it... but the F22A is as good or better for that as well.

I see one of these threads a week... "I'm gonna upgrade to the VTEC head"... makes my stomach turn. VTEC is a fantastic system... however, it's not the same for every application.

I also despise headswaps.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        The F22B1 is a solid engine. It is efficient, reliable, and well made. It is not a performance engine. VTEC works on the intake valves only, and is intended to improve breathing to provide better fuel economy over a wider powerband.

Compared to the F22A head, in terms of performance, the ports are very poorly designed. It is not an upgrade. To put an F22B1 head on an F22A block, you're creating a significantly inferior motor than either the F22B1 or F22A. You're creating a "frankenstein" motor, which increases the chance of failure... there goes the solid reliability of either engine.

The F22B1 head IS garbage to us. It's useless. There is no good reason to EVER put that motor, or even part of that motor, into a CB engine bay. The F22A isn't a performance monster either, and it takes significant work to make it so... but it IS significantly better than the F22B1... and just as efficient.

I may sound a bit extreme... I don't mean to say that the F22B1 is complete garbage... It's not, for it's intended purpose. For a tuner, it's worthless, though. Unless you slap a turbo on it... but the F22A is as good or better for that as well.

I see one of these threads a week... "I'm gonna upgrade to the VTEC head"... makes my stomach turn. VTEC is a fantastic system... however, it's not the same for every application.

I also despise headswaps.

thanxz for the info good looks

Comment

Working...
                        X