Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

the most obnoxious problem ever! (cyl 1 dead)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the most obnoxious problem ever! (cyl 1 dead)

Hey guys! Ive been working on Hondas for about 6 years and have NEVER been this stumped!

The car: 91 lx sedan m/t

Problem:

Cylinder no. 1 is dead. You can pull the injector plug off while its running and it doesnt even throw a code(all other three cause CEL) . This is definitely a fuel issue as i HAVE verified spark.

Attempts to fix:

-compression check (good)
    -new distributor
    -new plugs
    -new wires
    -new fuel pump
    -known good ECU
    -known good injector resistor pack
    -known good injectors
    -known good MAP
    -clean fuel rail

Im past the end of my rope here! Any insight would be appreciated!

thanks!

I had the same problem but it was with #3. Did the same things as you did, and still nothing. But I went ahead and did a swap :/

Does your's idle like shit once the car has warmed up ? And get to the point where the idle drops so low that the car wants to die ?

I would also like to know how to fix this problem :] So maybe I can salvage my F22 and save it just in case something happens to my H ...

Comment

you said that the injector is getting a signal to function right? cause it doesn't sound right to not throw any sort of code if unplugged

Comment

um i can see your point/ pain....

1)- fuel filter good?
        2)- check the fpr?
        3)- clean where the injector goes into intake manifold..maybe dirty?
        4)- something is grounding out injector one.

just throwing out some ideas

x

Comment

try another wiring harness

Comment

Originally posted by fewscrewsloose
            you said that the injector is getting a signal to function right?
            x2

Comment

Is the bottom of the head faulted? If it is it won't let it spark correctly... but then again... you just said it'd spark...

hmmm....
              -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
              if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
              Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Do you guys have a noid light? I would hook that up to the #1 cylinder and see if it pulses the LED in there. IF it does then the wiring is ok and the issue is probably the injector itself maybe. IF the light doesnt pulse it shows nothing is going through that wire so you might need a new wiring job on that section. You could do a harness but thats a bit more work. If you have a noid light I would give that a look see. The JTC ones are nice but pricey.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X