Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SeaFoam??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright so it originally accelerated slow and had a jump after the seafoam...I'm guessing that after seafoaming and removing all the crap in there, your car got a little more fuel efficient yielding more power until it realized that its running a little rich and adjusted by leaning out the fuel a bit

Comment

i agree with the guys... your cat could be clogged or just maybe your car didnt accelerate well when u didnt seafoam it. I just seafoamed my car just a few weeks ago and mine actually corrected my idle and seems to run alot better.
      92accord803

Comment

Sea Foam Procedure: 1/3 can in gas 1/3 can in oil 1/3 can in brake vac. let stand for 15 min, start, hold @ 2500 rpm for five minutes,dive agressive until smoking stops, change oil. sea foam breaks up the carbon build up in your engine and disperses it through the exhaust, it also cleans oil system and fuel system,if you dont change the oil you have all that grime being circulated throuhg you oil system,i usually run my gas down low before hand then put like 5 gallons of premium. i seafoam my wifes sentra like every 6000 miles it seems to do a good job! good luck.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=seafoam

here's a link to this also
          Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Seafoam in the crankcase/oil. I've disassembled some motors that have been foamed before. All of the internals look clean but a lot of residue (some solid particles) that break off during the cleaning process, gets into the oil passageways and scratch the main and rod bearings. Just speaking from experience.
            Jei Chang
            BlackTrax Performance

Comment

i agree with blacktrax... i just did half in the intake and half in the fuel.
              92accord803

Comment

well since iv posted this iv been drivin my car around and the acceleration seems to be ok now but im wondering if it has anything to do with the almost full gallon of E85 i put in my gas tank before i noticed it was the wrong type of fuel lol well i refilled my tank yesterday and my car seems to be running a lil better

91 DX F22A1 w/ CAI

Comment

if you get some E85 crap just get yourself some gas additive to boost the octane... maybe costs a $1 if you go to wal-mart or a dollar store.
                  AD5OS
                  FOLDING@home

Comment

Working...
                  X