Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Who Has Or Has Had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Has Or Has Had

the stock f22 tranny and done the h22 swap?how long did it last or about how long will it last if i race?

it should last just as long as a h22 tranny. it's not any lower quality, just longer gears. it's just as reliable as a ls tranny on a gsr. i'm currently using the h22 tranny, but will use the old f22 if this one goes south. just as long as you're using an h-series clutch, you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamikaze_ITR
      it should last just as long as a h22 tranny. it's not any lower quality, just longer gears. it's just as reliable as a ls tranny on a gsr. i'm currently using the h22 tranny, but will use the old f22 if this one goes south. just as long as you're using an h-series clutch, you'll be fine.
      im auto...what the deal with longer gears?whats that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Lroy onDA scene
        im auto...what the deal with longer gears?whats that mean?
        the gears are longer to make for better fuel economy. as for it being auto, the tranny will last, the flex plate and the torque converter is what probably won't last. those pieces aren't built to handle a raced h22. i'd say replace them with pieces from an h22 and go ahead and use the f22 tranny. i've never owned an automatic so i can't give you an absolute definite time frame for failure, but my best guess would be 6-18 months depending on how often you race.

Comment

the gears are longer to make for better fuel economy. as for it being auto, the tranny will last, the flex plate and the torque converter is what probably won't last. those pieces aren't built to handle a raced h22. i'd say replace them with pieces from an h22 and go ahead and use the f22 tranny. i've never owned an automatic so i can't give you an absolute definite time frame for failure, but my best guess would be 6-18 months depending on how often you race.
          oh ok sounds good! well as for those thing not lasting...:/ darn

Comment

good luck with it, i'd personally convert to 5 speed. But different strokes for different folks. I hope you get everything straight.

Comment

good luck with it, i'd personally convert to 5 speed. But different strokes for different folks. I hope you get everything straight.
              lmfao ..funny! yea dude i want the 5 spd but i need all the parts like the knob and all the other stuff and idk how much that runs for

Comment

Shifter and cables can be taken from any CB7 and 92-96 preludes and should run about $15-30. the tranny should be $60-150 and can be taken from the same vehicles (not sure if you can use a h23, but don't see a reason why not). the ecu is the hardest part to find and should run $50-200. and possibly a tranny mount (i think they're different for manual and auto) and that should be $10-25.

Comment

Shifter and cables can be taken from any CB7 and 92-96 preludes and should run about $15-30. the tranny should be $60-150 and can be taken from the same vehicles (not sure if you can use a h23, but don't see a reason why not). the ecu is the hardest part to find and should run $50-200. and possibly a tranny mount (i think they're different for manual and auto) and that should be $10-25.
                  whT THE HELL?where do u get ur trannys for that much?

Comment

i still need the pedals like the clutch and all that

Comment

Get yourself a parts car... or go to a U Pull It junkyard and take everything you need.

You'd also need to weld the transmission mount bracket, or get the ESP conversion mount kit. The manual stuff doesn't bolt right up. Minor alterations are required.

As for the gears being longer... it takes longer to rev through them. You know, like the bigger gears on a 10 speed bike? Like that. It's slower, but you'll be driving in a lower RPM range most of the time, resulting in better fuel economy. For the H22, it's not ideal, because you end up shifting to the next gear and dropping out of the VTEC range. If you don't understand what I mean by that, do some research on what VTEC is and you'll get it.

I don't disagree with a single word Kamikaze_ITR has said... that's good advice.

Comment

Um, I'm not getting your question clearly. Are you wondering who swapped their f22 tranny to an h22 tranny or h22 complete swap?

If I'm guessing right you're talking in subject of trannies. I was running an f20b tranny in my car before I swapped. I actually bought it that way and it pulls much harder. I was able to chirp 1st and 2nd easy. It had shorter gearing than the f-series.

As for how long it lasts, that all depends on who owned it, owns it now, and how it's taken care of.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired
                          Um, I'm not getting your question clearly. Are you wondering who swapped their f22 tranny to an h22 tranny or h22 complete swap?

If I'm guessing right you're talking in subject of trannies. I was running an f20b tranny in my car before I swapped. I actually bought it that way and it pulls much harder. I was able to chirp 1st and 2nd easy. It had shorter gearing than the f-series.

As for how long it lasts, that all depends on who owned it, owns it now, and how it's taken care of.
                          f22 tranny to the h22

Comment

nah the ecus are easy to find here cuz they sell them in a performance shop.they run me 150

Comment

Working...
                            X