Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

finally changed to 5w20..max mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally changed to 5w20..max mpg

Like title says, finally changed to 5w20 from 10w30 as recommended by my mechanic, gas prices are KILLING me, I hope this helps with some MPG. I've been semi "hypermiling", best so far was 30.4mpg with a 10" sub and amps in the trunk(downgraded from a previous heavy ass system). I changed air filter, aired tires up to max rating. This is an automatic, any other suggestions for MPG? Plugs are decently new, but wires might be old? that effect MPG?

The only shitty thing was 5w20 cost 26.99, 10w30 was only 19.99 why the difference?
    Last edited by 90Haccord; 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM.
    90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
    DIY ram intake
    0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
    stock alt rewound to 120amps
    optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
    fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
    2004 Jeep Liberty v6
    2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Plus, Fuel Filter affects MPG and how dirty your fuel injectors are. You can change your wires too.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Weight reduction..... Lose the sub. Strip the trunk, get rid of anything that isnt necessary for the car to run and be legal. Check out the weight reduction thread.

Comment

I knew someone was going to say lose the sub

You are right.....this could be the end of my love of car audio since it seems to cost me so much money.....
        DIY ram intake
        0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
        2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

I got 35+ mpg with my automatic F22A1 (mods are H23 intake manifold, extra IAB spacer plate, 2.25" catbacke exhaust, PT6 ecu) with a FULLY loaded trunk and back seat and two passengers up front. Obviously, this was all highway. In town, I get about 27-28mpg.

Change your plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, fuel filter, make sure your ignition timing is correct, also make sure your transmission kick down cable is set correctly.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

This is a f22a4 90 honda EX auto. I know shit about cars, but I do what I can, I'll change the spark plug wires and check cap/rotor.fuel filter is a little bit above my technical skill I fear...

I only use 100% gas also, I avoid stations with ethanol added into gas like the plague.
            DIY ram intake
            0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
            2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

The fuel filters on these cars are rather simple, here is a link to a DIY: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=fuel+filter

Cap and rotor are easy. You just unscrew the 3 screws from the plastic cap on the distributor, and pull it off. Then pry the rotor off (it will be a black plastic circle shaped object on the shaft). Installation with the new parts is just reverse of removal.

Be sure to do your plug wires one at a time so you don't get the order messed up.
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

hey thanks a million man! Learning all the time, I already did the IACV/FITV cleaning in DIY.
                DIY ram intake
                0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
                2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

can we run 5w20 in our engines even though it recommends 5w30?

Comment

a proper valve adjustment is often overlooked and wil help mpg's as well as give the car more power, run smoother,and more quiet. later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                      a proper valve adjustment is often overlooked and wil help mpg's as well as give the car more power, run smoother,and more quiet. later.
                      Ah yes, that was the other thing I was trying to think of!

It made a surprising difference in how much low end power my car had.

Comment

I was told by my mechanic who worked at honda as a supervisor for 18 years that honda turned 5w30 spec into "now in 2008 it should really be using 5w20". Kinda backdating the SPECS of the recommended oil from what I understand, 5w30 was recommended in 1990, now its officially changed by honda to 5w20 to keep up MPG requires as stated by our government.
                        Last edited by 90Haccord; 04-18-2008, 11:05 PM.
                        DIY ram intake
                        0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
                        2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

I don't much care for thin oil in old motors. Aside from making leaks a little more pronounced, you've gotta consider that the bearing clearances are a little looser than they were 18 years/200k miles ago
                          Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                          ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

damm you cry over gas mileage over a honda? get a bmw, then we'll talk.
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                              damm you cry over gas mileage over a honda? get a bmw, then we'll talk.
                              WTF dude? He's just asking how to get the best milage. Your post was absolutely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                              X