Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

LSD or Quaif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD or Quaif?

Hi guys. So i had a look at one of those online shops and read about the quif and it sounds pretty impressive. So whats better LSD or Quaif?

The Quaif diff is an LSD???

Or are you asking if a Quaif aftermarket LS diff is better than a stock LS diff. If that is your question I would stick to stock if you can. If not an LSD from Quaif seems to be a strong choice.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-15-2008, 08:56 AM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ay if quiaf is the best i'll get.

Comment

Do some research on different types of LSD.

This is a good start... but by no means an exhaustive resource.
        http://www.houseofthud.com/differentials.htm

Quaife is only one type of LSD design. It is a brand. There are many other brands and styles out there. Learn what is best for your application... and make sure you can actually use it for the particular transmission you intend to use.

Going by the fact that you haven't even spelled Quaife correctly, I KNOW that you haven't done much research... and the fact that the one guy to offer you advice did the same thing shows that he knows little more than you do!

Comment

the best advice i will give is to get into autocrossing and get a spool installed into your tranny...lol. If you read anything on LSD you will understand what I just said.

Quaife cost money but is one of the best proven LSD for us. OBX and others makes LSD aswell as factory honda.

Comment

Arent spools used more during drag racing? I havent seen many spools used in Autocross but then I never seen one on the cars i have seen.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Arent spools used more during drag racing? I havent seen many spools used in Autocross but then I never seen one on the cars i have seen.
              thats what i meant. A spool is a type of LSD but you will have a very hard time turning the wheels with a spool. It basically just locks the wheels into going straight. Good for drag bad for everything else

Comment

M2B4 LSD i swear by it

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do some research on different types of LSD.

This is a good start... but by no means an exhaustive resource.
                  http://www.houseofthud.com/differentials.htm

Quaife is only one type of LSD design. It is a brand. There are many other brands and styles out there. Learn what is best for your application... and make sure you can actually use it for the particular transmission you intend to use.

Going by the fact that you haven't even spelled Quaife correctly, I KNOW that you haven't done much research... and the fact that the one guy to offer you advice did the same thing shows that he knows little more than you do!
                  Whatever quiff, quaife.... I forgot the E is that better Mr. Perfect!

I could care less how you spell it. To me any aftermarket LSD is just a waste of money for most peoples builds anyway you spell it. Unless your actually racing somewhere other than the street. Or you just have money to burn and want to be able to say you have a quiff in your car! Otherwise known as the driver/owner!
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Quief?
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord

I could care less how you spell it. To me any aftermarket LSD is just a waste of money for most peoples builds anyway you spell it. Unless your actually racing somewhere other than the street. Or you just have money to burn and want to be able to say you have a quiff in your car! Otherwise known as the driver/owner!
                      I take it that you never drove an accord with LSD installed.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord

Why is it a waste of money? Do you like transferring torque to the wheel that has the least resistance?

It's not about being perfect. It's about knowing what you're talking about. If you don't even know the name of the product, how can you claim to know anything about it?

Do you know what he is building? I do. I know about what he's asking about, AND why he is asking about it.

The stock Honda LSD isn't a bad unit at all. However, it's not made for high horsepower. It may hold up... or it may not. BLKWLF is planning on going with a Type S setup. If he can manage to get the stock Type S transmission to work in a CB, he will have a fairly new stock unit. If he has to go with a regular H22 transmission, as I have suggested (to make things easier), he will potentially be using a 14 year old LSD. Put 350hp through that and it won't last all that long.

Different types are good for different things. To say the stock one is all you need is idiotic. You have to take into consideration what it will be used for.

Quaife is the most versatile. It is the most commonly used one for street cars, and seems to require the least amount of maintenance. The OBX unit is supposedly a crude copy of the Quaife.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

Quaife is the most versatile. It is the most commonly used one for street cars, and seems to require the least amount of maintenance. The OBX unit is supposedly a crude copy of the Quaife.
                          Honestly I've heard less complaints about Quaife than any other LSD for the honda. OBX high point is its price not its quality.

Comment

Yeah, very true. I've heard that you can rebuild a new OBX and it's reliable... but I'd spend for the Quaife.

Quaife is the most versatile. It's tried, proven, and reasonably priced (in comparison to others, which are as much or more). I've heard that it can't handle quite as much power as some others, such as Kaaz (which requires rebuilding and regular fluid changes). Still, for most applications (and I've known some pretty high-power cars to have them) Quaife is the #1 choice.

Personally, I would go with Quaife.

Comment

QUAIFE IT IS!!!

Thanks Guys. Especially you Deeve, you've read every thread i've posted so far and have always given great advice. And if you know where i can get a CB7Tuner sticker i'll be more than happy to slap it on my rear......window i mean.LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X