Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

88 CRX Si Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 CRX Si Motor

has been fully rebuild, Forged internals, new rockers, and camgear. and heres the kicker, the motor has only 20,000K miles on it

thing pushes over 220+ HP, that we know off.

I was just wondering if we could stick it in a CB7, cause I can get the motor for almost free. And I mean I wouldnt mind having it.

i would still rather have a H series.... your car is alot heavier than a crx but its a good deal never the less with forged internals so go for it if you can get the motor for next to nothing..... you probally going to have to get a trasmission and some custom mounts though

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

yea i know, i got a 5 spd lined up. and as far as i know you should be able to use the f22, or use the prelude mounts he has in his civic.

you should see the motor thou u'll just about nut once you see it, its so beatuiful.

Comment

u wont be able to use the f22 tranny without the H -> B, even then i dont know if it will work. then u have to worry about mounts, axles, wiring. it would be a mess. im sure it would move the car though.

Comment

it might have 220hp but how much torque does it put out. you would be going from a 2.2 to 1.6. even with 220 it probably makes the same amount of torque as a f22 maybe a little more so it wont be any faster. with all the customizing i wouldn't bother. but if it is a good deal pick it up and and get a civic shell to put it in.

92ex coupe h22
          93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

No.

/end thread
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DaGrk1
              it might have 220hp but how much torque does it put out. you would be going from a 2.2 to 1.6. even with 220 it probably makes the same amount of torque as a f22 maybe a little more so it wont be any faster. with all the customizing i wouldn't bother. but if it is a good deal pick it up and and get a civic shell to put it in.
              i can guarantee a stock GSR motor with 175hp and 125tq would move a cb much faster than the stock f22, let alone a built si w/ 220hp. Yes, there is less tq, and the cb is heavier, but I've beaten an f22a6 thats probably pushing 160hp with 4 people in my GSR. That means it had the weight of me (250lbs) 2 other friends who are about 150 each, and a scrawney mofo (125lbs).

The reason B series aren't swapped is because of mounts, axles, shift linkages, ecu, ect.

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

Originally posted by DaGrk1
                Uh...thats not how Horsepower and torque work.

But anyway, i would say this is a bad idea. A lot of work is involved, and if you have to ask about it, then its probably beyond your ability to complete it successfully.

why not just buy a $500 CRX and put it in that?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Bad idea. Either buy a CRX or find something else. Do you have a dyno to prove the motor makes 220hp? If not, then I wouldnt bother assuming it does.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                    No.

/end thread

Comment

lol, claims it has 170~190ish torque, but yea never thought of changing the axles.

like i said we got this guy that worked for Honda for over 10 years, so there is still a lot we have to ask him.

Dont worry im trying to find a CR-X or Del Sol to stick it into

Comment

Be a first... make it a summer project
                        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

I wouldn't put anything smaller than a 1.8 in an accord, and that's kinda pushing it....honda put a 2.0 liter in some overseas models

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yea well we'll have to see, at this moment its just a thought.

and the F22A6 is a heavy motor, where the Si really isnt, im just waiting and looking.

i might can get a del sol or crx shells cheap so i might still put it in that

Comment

F22a6 isn't a heavy motor, AT ALL

Ever dealt with Iron blocks and/or heads?
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X