Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bilstien??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilstien??

Anyone tried bilstien shock setup on their cars? I'm researching and planning a complete suspension work over. I know many on here say Koni yellows, but I cant really justify the price of adujustables for my needs, I know for a fact I will be getting H&R OE springs, Neuspeed strut bar and a hyper flex master bushing kit from Energy Suspension, plus I already have a Progress rear sway bar. my car is daily street driven on not the nicest of roads. so I dont want to dump money on Konis just to have them die from over abuse...if thats possible. I want to be able to confidently throw this car in the corners, without having to slam it, preventing me from attempting speed bumps and making it a complete pain to get in and out of, I've been there....dont want to go there again. lol. so all in all opinions on a comfortable yet able shock and strut setup. any opinions on springs welcome too.

Thanks alot guys in advance

Lane
    1992 Accord EX-R 4 door Cobalt blue on blue 5 speed, friggin love this car.

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

Read up on the posts here regarding suspension. I'm doing a similar workover since may accord is due. My opinion (formed from a lot of reading on several forums) is that if you are only interested in improving handling and maintain daily driver ride, a mild drop (like 1.25") with a set of tokico blue or KYB agx's might be a good way to go. I do know what doesn't work - cheap crap found on ebay. A few years ago I went with a set of dropzone coilovers over the stock shocks. They're were OK at the time but nothing like the endless options of good stuff thats available today. HTH
    93 EX Arcadia Coupe, 5spd, f22a6, strut bars, 2"drop, baer brakes, ingalls camber kit, tokicos w/ eibach, K&N, 205s / 16s

Comment

I love my Bilstein sport struts matched with my eibach Pro-kit springs. Still has a very good ride, and never bouncy. It's always firm and controlled. Your choice of tire will also have a huge impact in ride quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
        Your choice of tire will also have a huge impact in ride quality.

very true. 15" wheels and larger side walls go well with OEM type springs and shock absorbers. 16" wheels and the smaller and harder side walls may require shock absorbers with a higher initial dampening rate;
        DEVOTE

Comment

falken ziex 912 or bridgestone re0950 on 15x7" heliums. yea ive been leaning to the bilsteins cause i had them put on my cobra back in teh day and waht a huge difference. made the wheel hop on burnouts much much much less
          Last edited by Lanesky_EX-R; 04-14-2008, 10:52 PM.

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

Comment

Bilsteins are better than Konis. Just not adjustable.

KYB and Tokico are not that great. At all.

Comment

well for shocks. how would bilstein rate outta ten? compared to others.

Comment

here seems like a good deal
                http://cgi.ebay.ca/H-R-Springs-w-Bil...QQcmdZViewItem

and then the cheapest set of bilsteins ive found.
                http://cgi.ebay.ca/BILSTEIN-SHOCKS-S...QQcmdZViewItem

to be honest the reason why i wnat to stay away from over an inch of lowering is so i dont have to deal with any camber kits or any of that crap and ofcourse bottoming out.

Comment

Read this:
                  http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

johnl provided that link in another thread, and it has a lot of good points.

Comment

holy shit. deveergote you rock man!

Comment

With Bilsteins you will need a camber kit. I learned the hard way. The front shocks have a lower perch and tend to give the car a slight rake.

Comment

how would a camber kit help rake?

Comment

A camber kit won't help "rake"... but if the front is lower, due to a lower perch, it will cause negative camber. THAT is something a camber kit would correct.

You should get a camber kit if you lower your car regardless. It's much cheaper than getting new tires.

Comment

well if its best to get a camber kit anyway i might as well go with the h&r sports. any ideas on agood camber kit i found this kit.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/INGALLS-FRONT-REA...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

When the hell did Ingalls start making a ball joint kit? Sweet! That's fairly pricey, but it's good stuff. Ingalls and SPC are the names to get for camber kits. I've never seen ball joints from Ingalls, but if they're real, that's a good thing to get.

$300 for a camber kit is expensive, though it DOES include the rears (you don't need the rears as much as the fronts, but it's better to have them... the "washer shim" trick isn't the greatest idea)

Shop around a little, and look for SPC ball joints for the front. You might be able to get off cheaper... if not, that's a quality kit if it's worth it to you. $300 is cheaper than a new set of decent tires!

Comment

Working...
                              X