Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Usdm Prelude H Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usdm Prelude H Swap?

Is anybody running the Usdm H series motor in there CB?
    Arcadia Green Crew #48
    Arcadia Green- "It's not just a color, It's a lifestyle"
    My Transformer on myspace
    Sold to: JakFrostwhite, Icedplaya123
    Vouch for: Straight_Success, Bcozzi71,IcedPlaya123,RevHard215,F20ACB7,CB7 91/DX
    RPM we the best!!!
    Reading/Philly Mob CB7Tuner #1
    93 Lx Arcadia Green a.k.a Assoluto: R.I.P
    92 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Xevious: R.I.P
    93 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Luxo:In service now !!!
    Are 3 Arcadia Green coupes 2 many !!!

Lol, a lot of people are.

How come you are asking?
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji
      Lol, a lot of people are.

How come you are asking?
      I been considering doin it but I didn't know if I should just wait n save 4 the jdm h
      Arcadia Green Crew #48
      RPM we the best!!!

Comment

h i heard it's better, lower milage.

but more expensive..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I've got a rebuilt H22A1 (USDM OBD-I) with an Accord trans (+ Quaiffe LSD) in my 93 LX and I'm very happy with it.
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

the JDM H22 has a better Camshaft profile and ECU than the USDM H22...

info provided by www.crower.com

Part# Description Advertised Duration Duration @ .050" Gross Lift w/1.55
            Stock Specs from H22 US Spec Int- 288 mid
            Exh-308 mid Int- 231 mid
            Exh-234 mid Int- 448 mid
            Exh-415 mid

Stock Specs from H22 JDM Spec Type S Int- 309 mid
            Exh-315 mid Int- 230 mid
            Exh-230 mid Int- 469 mid
            Exh-438 mid
            A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

While it's true that the JDM H22 has a better Cam profile, and a different exhaust manifold, you can usually put the extra money that the JDM motor costs over the USDM motor to use in other areas and make more horsepower in the long run.

Another option is to turbo your F22A, which many people get very good results from.
              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

the JDM H22A would probably have lower miles on it also compared to USDM H22

Comment

Lower mileage could also mean that it's been sitting, unstarted, for the past 10 years.

I'd go with the JDM version myself (and I did)... however, I don't legally pass emissions here in NJ.

The USDM motor makes 10hp less, at least the OBD1 version. Not really a big deal. You'd never notice the difference. USDM motors are often beat, though... and finding a low-mileage OBD1 H22A would be a pain in the butt.

Comment

Does anybody know a site or a place in Pa/Nj area that does good rebuilds or sell a rebuild kit 4 the Usdm H I went 2 the JDMXchange here in philly 2day and they charging $2500 4 the whole front clip, Motor, trans, and right hand drive prelude front end but I'm kinda on a budget.
                    Arcadia Green Crew #48
                    RPM we the best!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6fthondaboi
                      Does anybody know a site or a place in Pa/Nj area that does good rebuilds or sell a rebuild kit 4 the Usdm H I went 2 the JDMXchange here in philly 2day and they charging $2500 4 the whole front clip, Motor, trans, and right hand drive prelude front end but I'm kinda on a budget.
                      why do you need a front clip?

Motor, harness(if that), and the ecu is all you need. tranny if you want too.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Hmotorsonline.com will sell you the motor, trans, and ECU for about $2000 shipped.

The cheaper you go, the greater the risk. Hmotors is the place I'd trust the most. I got mine from them, and 5 years and 70,000 miles later, it's still going quite strong.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                          why do you need a front clip?

Motor, harness(if that), and the ecu is all you need. tranny if you want too.
                          They only will sell the whole front clip.
                          Arcadia Green Crew #48
                          RPM we the best!!!

Comment

Do they still have that Skyline that they can't sell, Sam?

Comment

Selling the whole front clip seems a little....stupid to me.

As Deev said, JDM engines may have lower miles, but theyve probably been sitting for quite some time. Although places like HMO check and test all their motors, there's always that chance. But i imagine if it didnt work or something went wrong, theyd be willing to fix it or work with you to fix it.

As for USDM models, they will be higher miles and probably beat on pretty good. Although if you look and wait long enough, i bet you could find one with about 100k on it. Its not unheard of, just very rare.

Its 6 of one, half-a-dozen of another. USDM = high miles, less HP, but lower cost. JDM = lower miles, more HP(10) but youre gonna pay for it.

To be honest, if you're on a budget, get it from HMO. You dont necessarily need the tranny(unless you want it). The engine alone shouldnt cost you more than $1200+shipping. I think. It wont be alot. Factor in extra crap and whatnot, and id think you could the entire swap with $2500.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X