Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to turn a F22a6 to Vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to turn a F22a6 to Vtec?

What head would i need to turn my engine to Vtec? will I need to rewire anything or even get a new ECU?

you will need an H22 head or F22b head, you will need to modify both head i.e. coolant passage and maybe oil passages, check in the swap section about doing the H22 swap and also do a search this issues has been covered a few times and pretty much everyone agrees its not worth it.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Like deev would say, "don't get fooled by vtec" and he'll also go on to mention that the F22B1 engine with vtec isn't worth it as it has horrible head flow.

if you truely want vtec and performance, look into doing a H22A swap. By that i mean swapping out your A6 engine for that prelude engine.
      Last edited by Leung; 04-09-2008, 09:25 AM.

Comment

So doing a head swap is not benificial like as if I were to put a Vtec head on a LS block... for LS VTEC as a oppose to GSR (LS VTEC usually comes with a little more Torque

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
          if you truely want vtec and peformance, look into doing a H22A swap. By that i mean swapping out your A6 engine for that prelude engine.
          ^^^^^^ way easier then trying to turn a non-vtec motor vtec
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Turbo the A6. Fuck a H22

Comment

VTEC involves a camshaft with two profiles. It incorporates an entirely new head design. The F22A head can not be converted to VTEC.

To properly turn your engine to VTEC, you'll need to take it out, set it aside, and put in a different engine. A headswap is possible, but the gains aren't really worth the added risk and lack of reliability. SOHC VTEC is worthless, DOHC VTEC is not worth a damn on a stock F22A block...

Leung, you know me well It's nice to know that when you say something enough, soon, people start to say it for you!

Comment

I cant say SOHC Vtec is worthless but its true amongst the F-series
                90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacingEmotions

I dont get that either. J series = SOHC vtec.

Comment

the F-22 is where its at man, save your money thou. if you really want VTEC go H22 like everyone else says. u cant deny the 200 hp

Comment

Well I was looking at the financial point of view... I'd figure that the head swap would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a full motor swap... what horse power gains would i be looking at if I just did the head swap?

Comment

u cant put a h22 on f22
                        h22-DOHC
                        f22-SOHC

cheapest way to get your car faster is to buy everthing else like a FULL exhaust, intake, weight reduction, ECU programming, and other things.

and as for cheaper engine, just buy a JDM F22 and mod it. its cheaper and ull save ALOT.

Comment

Originally posted by RacingEmotions
                          i like my f22b1 engine, well i got it for free

Comment

Oh, ALL SOHC VTEC isn't worthless... but SOHC VTEC I4 engines are worthless... at least as far as we're concerned (go ahead, put a D series in your Accord... I dare you)

As for putting an H22 head on an F22 block, you can do that. The number of cams has nothing to do with it. The reason why it's a bad idea is that the F22A has considerably lower compression, and isn't made to rev as high as the H22A head would require (it CAN do it... but it's not designed to... and it's old and tired... Generally just not a good idea!)

Comment

Originally posted by CBWagon
                              Well I was looking at the financial point of view... I'd figure that the head swap would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a full motor swap... what horse power gains would i be looking at if I just did the head swap?
                              Minimal gains. Not worth it.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                              X