Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ground control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground control

does anyone know if the ground control coilovers will work on either the tokico struts hp or kyb agx? ive read that they made certain coilovers for certain struts but im not sure.

Originally posted by 91project
    does anyone know if the ground control coilovers will work on either the tokico struts hp or kyb agx? ive read that they made certain coilovers for certain struts but im not sure.
    im not sure of the tokico, but i know the agx's will work cause thats the set up im running

Comment

niice man do you have any pics? and how lows your drop?

Comment

AGX aren't meant for anything lower than a 1.5" drop. The warranty is void if you go lower. I had them, and honestly, compared to the Konis that I have now, they were awful. The "adjustment" went from "not soft enough" to "not stiff enough". They aren't a great choice... especially not for what they cost.

Tokico HP ("blues") are stock replacement. They seem to be able to deal with some abuse, but they aren't really made for performance.

If you aren't going to get Koni Yellows, I say get the cheaper HPs, or some KYB GR2s. Don't waste your money on AGXs.

Comment

i saw on this site that had ground controls for cb7's.
          they had 3 different types because each one was meant for a different brand shock absorber, which was specifically listed.
          the site was bought by someone else, so i cant find that link for you anymore

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

yea thats what i heard also. thanks for the input cause i was going to switch them over to one of the other struts i had but i guess ill keep them on the new but oem struts there on now. with ground control coilovers i can still lower the car a good deal on the oem struts right?

Comment

Idk, I'd have to disagree, AGX's aren't bad, they give a nice taut ride over bumps and control the car under braking pretty well. I've had my setup for about 3.5 years now and none of the shocks are blown or experiencing any type of problems. I've also got them paired up w/ the Ground Control Coilovers as well. It give a good ride. I'm lowered about 2 inches I'd say.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

thanks man looks good, im looking for a 2.5-3" drop. do the agx's handle that? i guess better then oem struts right?

Comment

They aren't made for anything lower than 1.5"

Keep in mind that most people that say they're good have never experienced anything else.

Comment

what strut is good for a nice slam 3" im thinking. they are on new but oem struts now, i mean it might not handle as well but will it handle at least a 3" drop without blowing them out?

Comment

tein coilovers

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

sorry for the but, about how long do KYB AGX's last? I'm just wondering since I've had mine for a long time, but no problems anyone know offhand?

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i found the agx's to be fine with a 2" drop. they've worked well with H&R race and my ksport springs (which are purely comfort springs) and those are 2.25" drop. i cruise over bumps no problem and feels smoother than my dad's es300.

but then im mashing through corners, say hello to body roll!

ground controls though are one of the bst raved about coilovers and while agx's will suffice, the koni yellows are probably the best strut option out there considered it is almost the price of a omni or tein basic coilover setup.

the tein basics are also a great option. i drove one that was dropped 3", a little soft but still cornered well with 60 series tires.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X