Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AC Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Problem

Hey guys, Im stuck with a huge problem... My AC is not blowing Cold... I've checked the Refrigerant levels and they're perfect... it's still running R12 Refrigerant... should I switch to the newer R34... and my AC belt and AC Compressor is working from what i see... I hear there's a relay or some crap I should check... what other things may be wrong... I have a young Baby daughter I take in the car often... in Miami Heat... so I need to resolve this quick.

no Tech love here

Comment

i went ahead and switched mine over. so thats what i would say do

Comment

switch it over, fill it up, and add some leakfinder just incase.
        wat?

Comment

If you have R12 and its blowing warm, your levels are fine, then changing to r134 wont solve much. Next make sure the compressor is kicking on. It goes on and off.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            If you have R12 and its blowing warm, your levels are fine, then changing to r134 wont solve much. Next make sure the compressor is kicking on. It goes on and off.
            shit i didn't even see that part.
            wat?

Comment

how much does the conversion to R134 cost usually

Comment

It depends on the shop on the retrofit there is a cheap way which is evac the system put on R134 fittings and add some pag and some freon and be done
                The right way to do it is replace the expansion valve the liquid tank and the compressor then flush the condenser and the eavp core and lines then add fresh pag to each roughly 1oz to each part then charge it up with 134
                I have done both and can say I have never had a car come back with a locked compressor from mixing the 2 different oils, I'm not sure the conversion percent for 12 to 134 but you can tell by the pressure and by looking on the sight glass and tell if it is full

But if check to see if your compressor is cycleing on and off but it sounds like the expansion valve is stuck

Comment

if your system is full check the pressure switch. if it goes bad it wont allow the compressor to kick on and cool the cabin. the switch is on the front driver side of the car where the eye for the ac system is. a way to check it is by putting a wire or paper clip in the connector so see if the compressor kicks on

92ex coupe h22
                  93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

So, im figuring its something like what DaGrk said... and Im looking for this switch and can't find it... can u be a bit more specific

Comment

have someone put some dye in the system and then go back like the next day and they'll look at it thorough this star wars looking mask w/ a special light to see the dye. My leak was coming through the discharge line, the one that goes way into the front of the car underneath.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

You use UV light and dye the switch is on the liquid tank(dryer) un plug it and jump it off, put a wire in the connector and see if your compressor comes on

Comment

ok just got back in from checking on my car, the switch is right behind the the driver side high beam head light and right next to it is the ac high pressure port

92ex coupe h22
                          93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

yea i have a problem with my AC too

my uncle for some reason thought it be a good idea to straight wire my main cooling fan to the radiator. well after that happend it knocked out my AC & Heater and none of the console lights will light up when you press them.

the AC will turn on but the blower wont blow any air in.

Whats the problem? bad Fuse? or blown sensor?

Comment

Ok... the the compressor DOES turn on... I hear a obvious click when it does go on... I also see the refrigerant going through the Eye looking thing... what else can i check... is there like a sensor or something

Comment

Working...
                              X