Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats The Best Header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats The Best Header?

Hi guys. As some of you know im getting the prelude type s engine and i got the guy to take some pics of the engine to see how it looks and i couldn't help but notice that there was no header. He said he'll get another one but no the original type s one. My question is what would be the best aftermarket header for the engine?

Dc header is a good one along with a Bismoto header or a Megan header racing................also the OEM f22a4 header is very good

Comment

But what would be the best out of the 3 you mentioned. I 've heard Bisimoto makes some crazy headers but does he make it for the engine i mentioned?

Comment

Yea I had the DC header on my Da, it flows very well
        Arcadia Green Crew #48
        Arcadia Green- "It's not just a color, It's a lifestyle"
        My Transformer on myspace
        Sold to: JakFrostwhite, Icedplaya123
        Vouch for: Straight_Success, Bcozzi71,IcedPlaya123,RevHard215,F20ACB7,CB7 91/DX
        RPM we the best!!!
        Reading/Philly Mob CB7Tuner #1
        93 Lx Arcadia Green a.k.a Assoluto: R.I.P
        92 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Xevious: R.I.P
        93 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Luxo:In service now !!!
        Are 3 Arcadia Green coupes 2 many !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
          Dc header is a good one along with a Bismoto header or a Megan header racing................also the OEM f22a4 header is very good
          Uhh no. Your wrong. He said he is getting a Prelude Type S motor (Im guessing H22A). It has a different exhaust bolt patern then the F22A(x) motors. Megan racing header are nice, however for the Fbombs we have had a couple issues with them. OBX supplies some nice header though. As well as DC Sports header, those are nice too. Out of those, DC would be a good investment. Megan/SS no name are quick fixes. Bismoto's can cost alot of money friend, But they prove that there is ALOT of power givin from that header, your lookin at about 600+.
          I recommend DC Sports Ceramic, or DC Sports SS for the price. Seach on Ebay, see if there is any DC stuff on there. If not you may want to try some other sites (dont ask what sites, i have no clue.. Sorry!)

GL man!
          Last edited by js593; 04-06-2008, 09:14 AM.
          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

I dont care about price as long as its the best when it comes to quality and performance. How good is Bisimoto?

Comment

Originally posted by BLKWLF
              I dont care about price as long as its the best when it comes to quality and performance. How good is Bisimoto?
              Bisimoto apparantly is THE BEST header out there. However im not sure if they have made it for your engine yet. You may wanna check out their website, i think they have an interactive thing there to see whats available. Remember, if your swapping header, and you have A/C you may want to shift a few things around, so it all fits properly. The A/C lines in the F22 motors get in the way of the header, im going down to the wrecker again today, to pick one up, so when mine explodes, i have a spare, thats modified. You may want to wait till Deev chimes in on this about the bisimoto, i've seem him talking about it, im sure he or any of the other senior memebers can give you a better response.

Comment

Thanks man i'll do that.

Comment

DC and Megan Racing are crap for the H22. There's no point to wasting money on those.

The good headers usually go for $1000+ USD.

SMSP
                  Mugen
                  RMF (I've heard good results, though I've heard from reliable sources that the designer isn't an expert engineer...)

Those three are very pricey.

The Bisimoto header will be coming out in time. Bisi's fabricator has been backed up with B series headers, and I believe the F22A header is next on the to-do list. Once the H22 header comes out, I expect it to be as good as, or even better than, any of the headers mentioned above. It will also probably sell for $750 USD or less. This is the header that I plan on getting myself.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    DC and Megan Racing are crap for the H22. There's no point to wasting money on those.
                    Are they really? Damn i didnt know that. I guess cause the motor already has a decent power output the aftermarket headers are either same size inner diameter, so it doesnt provide a better flow like the Bisi ones will?

Can you elaborate why their crap? (i have a friend wondering why, he has a H22A he wnats to slap a header on there, he has a Megan one on the way... itried to convince him out of it ><)

Comment

All the good headers have 2.5", the cheaper ones have 2.25". They aren't carefully engineered to produce power.

A Megan or DC header might get you 3-4 hp. Weld a 2.5" collector on it and it'll add a bit more... MAYBE 10hp, which is decent... but a good Burns Stainless collector is about $100, and then you'd need a quality weld job... Puts a DC header fairly close to the Bisimoto price for half the performance.

The SMSP and Mugen headers have been known to make 18+hp in a usable RPM range. I know how smart Bisi is, and how much of a perfectionist he is... I wouldn't doubt if he can beat that.

Comment

I got one of these headers from ebay for $30 (word may have gone around and now his prices are little more) : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...mZ150231519794

primarily because I needed the flex-pipe, but i must say, this is a well made stainless header and downpipe for the price all 2.25 mandrel bends, the flanges are heavy and the welds are near perfect. It could have easily passed for a more expensive part if it had a brand name tag on it. I've had this on my car for about 6 months without any problems - but do have 1 gripe or word of advice - better gaskets. As I said the flanges are pretty thick and fit together well. I actually chucked the 2 felxpipe gaskets and just used coppercoat. --And I can't stand a leaky exhaust - so no they don't leak
                        93 EX Arcadia Coupe, 5spd, f22a6, strut bars, 2"drop, baer brakes, ingalls camber kit, tokicos w/ eibach, K&N, 205s / 16s

Comment

wait i thought the Prelude Type S has the F22A1?

Comment

Not the "Type S"... just the Prelude S her in the US. The Type S has a 220hp H22A.

Confusing, I know.

As for the cheapie headers, Megan Racing is a better choice than DC Sports, unless you NEED a CARB label on it. Megan is not CARB exempt (though I think OBX might me... similarly priced).

regardless, I'm getting way off topic, as the headers I'm now talking about are nowhere near the best, and the OP isn't in the US, so CARB means nothing to him anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

The good headers usually go for $1000+ USD.

SMSP
                              Mugen
                              RMF (I've heard good results, though I've heard from reliable sources that the designer isn't an expert engineer...)

Those three are very pricey.
                              This shouldve summed up the thread in 1 post. When Bisimoto's comes out it would be added to that list. The problem is no one knows when its gonna come out. Especially when its next in line AFTER the F-series header.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                              X