Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tb

I've been looking around to help the accord breath its best, already got a Sr intake and a cat-back but im onto throttle bodies now..skunk 2 has them 60mm to 70mm big. now is 70 over kill. what is a hppy medium between too much and still suffocating the motoar as a stock tb would.

Thanks

Lane
    1992 Accord EX-R 4 door Cobalt blue on blue 5 speed, friggin love this car.

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

Maxbore.com I believe is the site. Check them out. I have heard good things.

Comment

very nice stuff. but i drive my car daily and i cant leave it sittin fo a week. unless i can find a donor throttle body to send out. cheaper than a skunk 2 and i guess 64 is the best size for N/A. is this correct?

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

Comment

you can also try fitting an H23 Plenum/TB on there. I believe its 63 mm in inner diameter vs. the stock 58mm TB on the F22. Plus the H23 plenum is 2-3X the size of the F22 one, so it might help in gas mileage since there's more volume/air inside the plenum for the engine to breath better.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Dont forget if you get a bigger tb you should have the inlet on the plenum matched to it. You wouldnt want a larger tb and the same small sized stock inlet because then you'd be defeating the purpose....

Comment

defiantly true. u would need to port the intake to the throttle body. and using the h23 intake would be better.

92ex coupe h22
            93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

i had overlooked the plenum part. so if i get a h23 plenum with say a skunk2 64mm tb would be cool? i really am lost on this subject cause the throttle response on my car kinda sucks. lol

Comment

I was just gonna say the size of the TB is only relative to the size of the plenum. You could go as big a TB as you want. An oversized TB isnt goin to loose any power since the engine can still only breathe what the plenum, runner, and port geometry allow it. There are only benefits from a larger TB. Very small and marginal, but gains none the less

Comment

kool kool, well any ideas where i could get me hands on a h23 tb and plenum?

Comment

in my opinion its not worth buying aftermarket TB's untill you actually need it and can actually utilize it. There are MANY other upgrades that can be done before you get into that kind of modding.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by Lanesky_EX-R
                      kool kool, well any ideas where i could get me hands on a h23 tb and plenum?
                      yeah i'm sure in the classifieds there's a member trying to sell one occasionally. I got mine on here in Dec. and am loving it. It gives a nasty growl at WOT.

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

sweet, now what honda came with an h23 between what years. this info may help me sniff out the parts easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanesky_EX-R
                          sweet, now what honda came with an h23 between what years. this info may help me sniff out the parts easier.
                          Honda Prelude I believe, from 92-96

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

man what a hard peice to find. i can find the TB on myhondapartsstore.com but not the plenum, unless its not called a plenum..... and thanks losiracer for the help. much appreciated, got huge plans for this car, but jack all for knowledge. lol. thanks again.

Comment

dammit I think my grand-dad has a lathe...I need to learn to work that thing...such a useful skill!!!!
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X