Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

talked to the mechanic..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talked to the mechanic..

So, got my car back today. Pretty sweet, until I went to put the system back in. o2 sensor's in my TRUNK in a BAG. What the hell!! Well, went back, cause they got 2 plugs mixed up, and my speedometer wasn't workin'. So, they fixed it and all, few minutes...just a mis-plug. Well, it's an engine from a 93' Accord. F22a1. That would be, either an Lx or Dx. I just read in the sticky for all the sensors, and it seems like the car's only have 1. Lx and Dx are in a different place than the Ex and the SE. My car's an SE, so they replaced my A6 with this A1 that I bought. Well, they told me they can't find the hookup to plug in my o2 sensor. Funny part is, the guy that put my header and exhaust on, said I had 2 o2 sensors. One by the flex-pipe, and one in the header. On the sticky, it says that the o2 sensor should be in the header (exhaust manifold). Where would the plug for the sensor be at on the engine? Figured it'd be in the front? For now, the place where the o2 sensor's supposed to be's plugged. Any ideas?
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

If yours is a SE then it should be underneath the intake manifold somewhere on the harness.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Yea, but the engine I just got them to put in's an f22a1. Isn't the harness on the engine itself?
      98' Mustang 3V Swap
      11' VW CC R36

Comment

did they reuse the a6 exhaust manifold? would be the easy way..

Comment

Well, I have a performance header. The guy that put my header on, said that the slot in the header itself, was too far for the sensor to reach, so he drilled a hole right in the header near the block, and did it that way. Hold on, lemme go take a picture of it for ya.
          98' Mustang 3V Swap
          11' VW CC R36

Comment

your mechanic is a fuckin idiot. period.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

98' Mustang 3V Swap
              11' VW CC R36

Comment

ok... since you bought the aftermarket header for an a6 i would assume that it had the bung near the flex pipe to put the o2 sensor in which where it should have been to begin with. If you had an a6 in it then the plug for the 02 sensor should be next to the oil pressure sensor. This is all to be true if your mechanic used your original harness.

and further more i would have to agree... your mechanic is not the brightest of them all and should have asked your permission to relocate the sensor because he could have fucked something up.

Originally posted by Devergote
                A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                X