Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Strut bar and short shifter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut bar and short shifter question

I have a 92 accord ex that I put a 92-95 h22a motor in; engine and trans, complete swap. Two questions:

1. I think the weight difference of the engine is giving my right axle trouble...i've already snapped 2 of them. I was thinkin about tryin a strut bar, just to see if that helped at all, and then eventually performance axle. Even if the strut bar will have nothing to do with that....i was wondering what bar to get, because I recently bought one for a 92 accord, and since the h22a sits higher than the f22, the bar didnt fit.

2. I also want to get a short shifter but don't know if I should buy for a prelude or accord.

they make short shifter adapters i think someone on here has a actual short shifter. im not sure tho. im selling a nuespeed short shifter adapter. it shortens the throw. and you would want on for an accord.

Comment

i recently bought a forbidden short throw (yes i know they are no longer made) for a 94-97 accord and am goona fit it into mine by either buying the bucket for a 94-97 or modify my own i have read both work ... I found mine on Ebay guy said he bought it for his car and never installed due to wrecking his car and getting a civic ... now with that being said i have heard the guy that made forbidden shifters is back in the game under a different name so you might be able to find one ... oh and also there is a member or two making them

Comment

Unless you have the Neuspeed 4 point strut bar, the bar should fit.

Honestly, I think your engine isn't mounted correctly. Did you just bolt it in, or did you tap a new hole in the transmission and use the Accord mount? The weight isn't snapping your axles... the improper mount setup is. The H22A should not sit higher.

As for a short shifter, check the DIY section of this forum. There are 2 writeups that show how to make an adapter for about $3.

Comment

I'm not sure how my engine was mounted...i had a shop do it, and I thought they were legit but they did a horrible job. I'm looking into some other people right now for to re-mount my engine. it definitely sits too high.

I also heard that switching to a 5 lug pattern rather than a 4 lug pattern my help my axle strength on the right side, but i dunno about that. I think i'll just remount the engine, put a performance axle and switch up my suspension, and for a lil extra add that strut bar.

By the way, what exactly does the short shift adapter do?

Comment

The short shift adapter changes the mounting location of the shift cable, reducing the throw. You can pay $200 for a full shifter, $100 for an adapter, or $3 for a bracket from Home Deopt that does the same thing (and is hidden under your boot)

I took my car to a shop to have my swap done as well. Nothing broke, but every time I work on that car, I see what a horrible job they did... exposed wires, the Prelude mount (with 3 holes tapped... and one not even bolted down...)

A 5 lug conversion won't do anything for the axle strength. You'll still be using the axles. Honestly, the axle strength isn't the problem. There are guys with properly mounted engines making over 400whp on stock axles. It's a mounting issue. If it sits too high, the axle is bent at a weird angle.

Comment

Working...
            X