Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Used Bar's leak headgasket fix, now bad water flow and water in exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Bar's leak headgasket fix, now bad water flow and water in exhaust!

I will thank anyone who helps in advance
    Case, for reference:
    Well I checked my oil, it had some sweet scent to it (not milk tea yet) and the tail pipe gas was somewhat sweet. The car is old so I thought the headgasket might be falling apart slowly.

So I bought some Bar's leak thinking "pour in" stuff will fix minor problems before it gets major. I followed the direction, half bottle mixed with warm water, into the radiator and ran several intermittent periods, then drain and flush.

Problem:
    But what I noticed was that my exhaust had rattling noise, like liquid in the piping and water mark on the floor. It happens only when engine is warm. But the engine do not over heat rapidly.
    Then I checked the rad hoses, little to no pressure (when running temp), replaced the thermostat, did not help.

My guess:
    Heater core clog by bar's leak bad flow?
    One of my friend told me that the water from the exhaust came from the block because the bad flow builds up pressure, make water shoot out the gaskets?

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

bump, need help.

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

ANYTHING by Bar's Leak is garbage... I clogged my heater core with that crap before I knew any better.

I can't say for sure what is clogged... but it definitely sounds like something is. It might be time to change that head gasket, clean out the water passages, and put it back together right... Or just get another motor (a swap is easier than taking a motor apart! )

Comment

Any kind of pour in leak quik fix is crap. Whether it be cooling, engine, tranny. If it plugs leaks, it will plug your engine!
        As for the water in the exhaust, water IS supposed to be in the exhaust anyways. Water is the byproduct of a complete combustion

Comment

does your coolant level drop over time?
          does your car overheat at all?

Originally posted by kc8enb07
          does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

there isn't noticeable overheating, but coolant flow is very bad. Since there is no flow, can't really tell if water is getting burned or not.

But can a clogged heater core reduce coolant flow significantly, that rad hose pressure is about 20% what it should be?

Comment

For every litre of gas burned a litre of water is produced.

bars leak clogs leaks- thats what it does.

If you have deposits you will clog your rad or heater core.

if its not over heating and you are not losing coolant then dont worry about it
              Last edited by ATS666; 03-31-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

ok ok...you bought something other than a new headgasket...to fix your headgasket...that is your #1 problem.

Buy a new headgasket...pay someone else to replace it for you...problem solved.

I believe the Honda gods have said...
                thou shalt not:
                put anything in your coolant other than coolant
                put anything in your oil but oil
                put anything in your gas but gas
                put anything in any fluid other than the fluid that is supposed to go in there...

why is this such a hard concept to grasp?
                Last edited by bcjammerx; 03-31-2008, 10:33 PM.
                ____

Comment

Because you can walk into an autoparts store and see a shiny $5 bottle that says "this will fix your problem!"

If autoparts stores didn't sell useless crap, they'd probably be out of business. Replacement parts are always better from the dealer. Tools are always better from a REAL company like Snap-on or Mac. The only thing that should ever be poured into your engine is oil. However, when the bottle says it's good, and the store sells it (so it can't be harmful), hopeful people go for it. I did.

Comment

Well I guess I will just go ahead bypass my heater core and see how things go, the only thing I can think of right now is heater core, cuz I drained my rad before the stuff could have settled. Hopefully I can get my CB back on its feet.

Comment

flush the heater core out at car washes with pressre washers (both directions)

Comment

don't do that...too much pressure!

Plus you might have clogged more than the heater core...if your head gasket is out...replace that first...then diagnose cooling circuit...head gasket first
                        ____

Comment

go to wal-mart and get a radiator flush kit around $5 and some radiator flush stuff.. You hook it up to your hose... make sure you refill the system after a few flushes with distilled water and antifreeze or just buy ready mixed 50/50 or 70/30 mixed coolant and use that instead. And make sure you BLEED the system properly with getting out all the air from the engine coolant plug and thermostat.

Maybe you have a failing water pump if it isn't circulating properly... but I'm pretty sure they are either working or broke.. not much in between.
                          AD5OS
                          FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Because you can walk into an autoparts store and see a shiny $5 bottle that says "this will fix your problem!"

If autoparts stores didn't sell useless crap, they'd probably be out of business. Replacement parts are always better from the dealer. Tools are always better from a REAL company like Snap-on or Mac. The only thing that should ever be poured into your engine is oil. However, when the bottle says it's good, and the store sells it (so it can't be harmful), hopeful people go for it. I did.
                            Thats not true. I get OEM parts from the import part source instead of the dealer. You're payin up the but from the dealer. You can pay like $200 for a denso alternator from the dealer cuz its in a Honda box or you can pay $100 for a denso alt. in a Denso box. And Snap on is no better than Craftsman. I have them all and they all break. Mac, Snap On(off), Matco, Craftsman. Craftsman is cheaper and has lifetime warranty. But basically yeah, I get what you are saying about "quik fixes" just tryin to show you can be somewhat economical but the bargain basement munky stuff

Comment

Working...
                            X