Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

s100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s100

what do you guys think of the hondata s100?

In terms of what? Tuning? Price? I dont think it's all that great. I dont tune cars, but I know some tuners who absolutely hate hondata. I guess it depends what you want it for. Questions kind of vague...please elaborate and I might be able to help you some more.
    Also if you want to make it easier, and perhaps cheaper to tune your car, I would suggest a P06/P28 and have it chipped. I think it's better than Hondata, but like I said I'm not a tuner, that's just my advice

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i am planning on getting a s100. because im getting ready to turbo my car. i want hondata because i can control my rev limit, my top end speed, and the air fuel ratio.

Comment

most shops recommend the S unit
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

A P06 tuned with Crome can do all that as well.

If you get the Hondata setup, get it because it does what you need it to do, better than anything else. Don't just get it because it's "the thing to get"

Comment

im getting it because it does what i want you kno.

Comment

But is it the best option? As I said, a P28 and Crome can do the same thing. Can you tune the s100 yourself, or is that the one that requires you to go to a Hondada approved tuner to have it done? Do they even do that anymore? If not, there used to be a cheap Hondata option that was like that... you couldn't do a damn thing with it yourself.

Comment

where could i get a chipped p28 with crome?

im not 100 percent sure but im pretty sure i can tune it myself. i can get some one to download the software.

Comment

Crome is free, unless you want to pay for the pro version that has more options. Only $100 or so.

A P28 can be found in a junkyard...I've gotten them for prices ranging from $15 to $50. A chipping kit is $20 or so.

http://www.hondata.com/s100.html

It looks as if you could possibly tune it yourself. However, if you don't know where to find a P28, you probably don't have the slightest clue about tuning an ECU.

You are aware that you'll need a compatible ECU for this, right? You're not going to just get that $200 s100 and slap it in...

Here's your list of compatible ECUs:
                  http://www.hondata.com/ecus.html

Comment

honestly i dont have a clue. i dont really kno anything about ecus.

is the p28 for an obd 2 or 1

what car could i get it out of?

Comment

It's OBD1. You don't want ANYTHING OBD2.

It's from a Civic EX or Si... 92-95. You could also get a P06, which is out of the DX/LX models (that would be better if you have an F22A.. and cheaper)

Comment

im actually planing on getting the f22b dohc non vtec.
                        you think the p28 with crome would be good with that?

Comment

P06 will be fine. P28 is for VTEC. Usable for non-vtec, but it's a waste, as they often fetch a higher price.

You really need to learn a bit more, my friend. You're about to blow a ton of money on something you know nothing about. Learn about the tools you're going to get before you buy them. What they do, how to do it, what you need to do it, and what your options are.

Were you planning on getting another ECU to put that s100 into?

Comment

idk...
                            so if i bought a po6 do i need to chip it?
                            how would i hook it up to use crome.
                            im actually browsing crome right now but i dont get it.

Comment

Yes, you need to chip it.

You need to be able to datalog... a wideband o2 sensor at the very least is necessary for that (it would be with the Hondata as well). Crome is a tool with which you can adjust the fuel curve (and other settings). Once you have your map the way you want it, you burn a chip, install it, and run the car.

You need to know how to tune an ECU to use it... and that goes for the s100 as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X