Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

true or false

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true or false

cambers in the front will never be fix when car is drop?

cambers in the front will never be fix when car is drop?
    Camber in the front can't be fixed when the car is droped? Is that what you ment to say? If so yes it can be fixed so the answer is : False.

Comment

they have kits for this kind of thing. people recommend getting the camber "kit" after dropping the car 2 inches or more.

Comment

i think an alignment is more important than camber because a misaligned car will eat tires faster than camber. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
          i think an alignment is more important than camber because a misaligned car will eat tires faster than camber. later.
          Yep. Toe is a bitch. Camber is nothing.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Yep. Toe is a bitch. Camber is nothing.
            true statement
            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

But toe can be corrected by an allignment. Camber needs to be fixed with a kit.
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I have 3 sets of tires in my basement that show what negative camber can do to tires... WITH the toe properly aligned.

Camber is the angle, or tilt, of your wheels... / \ is negative camber. | | is what you want (basically). "Camber" is not what you call the parts that allow you to adjust your camber... "camber kit" is the general term used (and there are other, more specific terms as well)

Is English not your first language, or are you just too lazy to type coherently? If it is the former, I apologize for my rudeness. If it is the latter... I ask you to please communicate like a human being, especially when you expect people to take their valuable time to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  I have 3 sets of tires in my basement that show what negative camber can do to tires... WITH the toe properly aligned.

Camber is the angle, or tilt, of your wheels... / \ is negative camber. | | is what you want (basically). "Camber" is not what you call the parts that allow you to adjust your camber... "camber kit" is the general term used (and there are other, more specific terms as well)

Is English not your first language, or are you just too lazy to type coherently? If it is the former, I apologize for my rudeness. If it is the latter... I ask you to please communicate like a human being, especially when you expect people to take their valuable time to help you.

hahahaha
                  Newcummer

Comment

yes your aligment, which includes camber caster and toe btw, can be fixed with a drop IF you use the aftermarket equipment...if you are still running stock control arms etc etc...then no it won't be fixable.

Out of spec camber and toe both wear tires.

Toe usually wears the mid part of the tire more than the outside or inside, camber usually wears the inside and outside of the tire.

With a drop you will have an issue with negative camber if you are running stock setup (of course aside from the coilovers that is).

side note:
                    Camber will also cause a pull to whichever side had more pos. camber (caster causes a pull too but to the most negative caster) but again...camber is more likely to be your foe then toe or caster with a drop...get the right stuff and your fine.

end side note:

Either way...if you do it right, you will do the drop and have good quality camber correcting equipment installed alsl...then you won't have any issues...look around, the correct equipment is covered in the threads elsewhere.

Just don't cheap out though.
                    ____

Comment

i'm sayin will it be able to fix negative cambers on a cb7 on the front, when drop? sorry if yall dont understand me. i'm asian.... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by tig3rpaw
                        i'm sayin will it be able to fix negative cambers on a cb7 on the front, when drop? sorry if yall dont understand me. i'm asian.... Lol
                        yes, buy a camber kit!
                        1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
                        01 DC4

Comment

Yes, that is the purpose of a camber kit... to adjust camber.

And being Asian has nothing to do with typing like an idiot. We have plenty of members here from other countries... not just FROM other countries, but IN other countries. Countries where English is not regularly spoken. One of them is even a moderator here. You clearly have a firm enough grasp on the English language to use slang, and mangle it as you do.

Also, your question has been answered since the first reply. Do you really need to ask again?

Comment

CAMBER KIT !!! PURCHASE NOW... that will fix your problem

THE END>

Originally posted by Devergote
                            A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                            X