Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car Acting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Acting up

my car SOUNDS like its redlining at 5600~5800 RPMs, someone told me it was my rev limiter. and it take some time to shift also
    Is IT? if not what could it be?

my car viabrates all the time, worse when i start drivin it hard. any ideas?
    sounds like it could motor mounts but i mean ive heard a ton of other things too.

You should check for the motor mounts.

I suppose you are using an auto?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

yea its an auto tranny
      everything stock... as of now. Waiting to pay it off b4 i do anything to it.

Comment

Does it show any CEL? (Check engine light)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

nah but maintence light is on red

Comment

anyone else help?

Comment

Maintenece light is a normal thing that comes on every idk 3000 or 4000 miles

i think it tells u when to change the oil

all u gotta do is stick ur honda key in little hole beside it

but yeah ur motor mounts could be old is why ur car is shaking

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

thing is i just had an oil change and if that was the problem then wouldnt the oil light come on, cuz its been on red even before i went low on oil here bout 4-5 months ago.

been on red for close to 6 or 7 months

and as for th viabrating, it does it when im IDLE but not too bad. When i start to push the car it viabrates more and more. i had a spark plug wire connecter dip(idk what its called) keep poping out here 2 to 3 weeks ago too.

but does anyone know y it sounds like it redlines at 5600~5800 and sounds like it Ovrrev at 5800~6000? I look at the motor and it says its max HP is at 5600rpm so i mean im just hoping it sounds normal

Comment

Anyone else have anymore suggestions?
                  Last edited by Zer0_92EX; 03-30-2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

The maintenance required "light" is just a counter. It counts to 7500 miles, where Honda says you should change your oil. It means nothing.

If you're revving to 5600, I assume you're shifting manually. Great way to destroy your transmission. Try this... DON'T DO THAT!

How does it "sound like it's redlining"? Honestly, redlining doesn't have a sound. "redline" is just the point where the factory says the engine is at it's limit. The term refers to the visual display on the tach... the red line.

Your car should have a rev limiter. It shouldn't over-rev unless you REALLY do something wrong.

If it was low on oil before, something may have been damaged. It may or may not have anything to do with the sound you're hearing... but low oil can cause a hell of a lot of problems.

Also, when was the last time you changed your transmission fluid? Regular fluid changes will make it last forever. The fact that most people are too lazy, stupid, or careless to do it is the main reason why Honda automatics tend to fail. Don't forget, when your motor is revving that high, your transmission is doing it as well!

Finally... PLEASE don't tell me you're trying to rev it in neutral...

Comment

nah its in drive, my friend is the that shifting it manually. and I said it sounded like that but I mean the only thing I'm wondering is if I need to ajust the limiter.
                      -so thats solved.

Tranmission Fluid is fine, it was the first thing that came to mind. It's Full.

The block was drenched with oil before I got the car and its built into a slug on the head cover, trying to get that replaced asap. I dunno if thats good or bad. but I mean the slug is all over the head cover.

but I'm wondering y in the hell its still viobrating so bad, and no its not cause my friend was shifting in manual. I've had the viobration problem for months now.

Comment

k, i pointed out the slug on my header cover and block to my friend, and hes said that I may have had a oil leak.

I've never had one to my knowledge but the slug was on the engine before I got it and it doesnt look like its gotten any worse.

oh yea update on the Viobrating... its also doing it when I brake now, but it does it every now and then. Having really noticed it til today. Could it be my axels?

Comment

Working...
                        X