Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a

i have an h22a in my cb7 and it came without a knock sensor is it okay to use 87 octaine????

It is never okay to use 87 octane in a H22A.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Use 91 minimum... 93 if you have it where you live. Especially if it's a JDM H22. And get a knock sensor.

Comment

yes even on the prelude cluster it says premium gas only! that's not a suggestion it's a commandment lol

Comment

So many people think it's a suggestion... I blame the oil companies for a lot of it. They've created an image of higher-octane fuel to be a performance mod... Like "put 93 in your car and you'll make more power!"... No. It's all about the way they burn. A car that needs higher octane NEEDS higher octane! Damage can result otherwise.

I pulled my GTP into the gas station a while back, asked for 93, and the guy said "wow, someone is FINALLY putting the right gas in the GTP! People always put 87 in these things, and it pisses me off!"

Comment

Yes, it is rather unfortunate that many owners of cars that require higher octane fuel fail to put it in there. My uncle does it on occasion. He himself is a car guy too. Once while visiting him in California we were at the gas station filling up his BMW X5. He put 87 in. I was like "Doesn't that take premium?" He said "Yeah, but when premium is $3.50/gallon I get regular." This was a couple of years ago. If you use low grade stuff you will get worse mpg and other stuff could happen too.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

87 octane in an engine that takes 91-93 could produce detonation. Enough of that can very quickly destroy an engine. After having my H22 tuned on 92 (yes... 92... ) I REFUSE to run 87, or even 89. If someone puts 87 in the tank (which they did shortly before my tune...) I would now REQUIRE that they empty my tank and refill it with premium. I wouldn't risk it. I'd stand there on the phone with their corporate office, demanding a tow truck, and that all expenses were paid.

I had 87 put in my GTP once... The assistant manager girl threw a bottle of octane booster at me and said it'll fix my problem. I've had a CEL on ever since.

Comment

everyone else said it already...I'll add

...don't put "octane boost" additives in your fuel either.

*edited after seeing deev's reply

octane boosters don't work...they cause build up on your plugs too
                ____

Comment

Ill send you a pint of my piss. Guaranteed rocket fuel. 20 dolla.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Ill send you a pint of my piss. Guaranteed rocket fuel. 20 dolla.
                    Thats gotta be some good shit!
                    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                      everyone else said it already...I'll add

...don't put "octane boost" additives in your fuel either.

*edited after seeing deev's reply

octane boosters don't work...they cause build up on your plugs too
                      I remember reading a bottle of some sort of octane booster at Accord R33's house last year... it said it raises the octane level like .1... So 87 would be 87.1. Whoopee!

I haven't heard any confirmed reports of damage, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Comment

Ever since I got an H22A, I ONLY use 94 octane. In Japan, they use 110, 115 octane and so on, so the way I see it 94 is not even enough. Here in Canada you can only get 94 at Sunoco, every other gas station has 87, 89, and 91.

For those people who refuse to use premium gas even though their car requires it because it is "too expensive", I have only one thing to say; Sell your BMW and buy a Kia! With the extra $$$ you'll be able to afford years worth of regular fuel.

I live in a big city, so I know where every Sunoco station is, and plan my fill ups accordingly. Last weekend I went to my girlfriend's cottage out of town. Let me tell you, there isn't a Sunoco station for hundreds of miles up there. I guess there's no demand for Ultra 94 up there, all the local yokels drive pickup trucks and beat up "donks". I had to bring a jerry-can with me full of Ultra 94 just so I can make it back to the city without making my engine cry for it's mama.

And that's that.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Sunoco stopped carrying 94 around here they used to, but now it's 87, 89, 91, and 93... and Wawa carries 92, allowing the price to be a little less. (though lately, Sunoco's 93 is cheaper!)

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDing2R
                            Ever since I got an H22A, I ONLY use 94 octane. In Japan, they use 110, 115 octane and so on, so the way I see it 94 is not even enough. Here in Canada you can only get 94 at Sunoco, every other gas station has 87, 89, and 91.

For those people who refuse to use premium gas even though their car requires it because it is "too expensive", I have only one thing to say; Sell your BMW and buy a Kia! With the extra $$$ you'll be able to afford years worth of regular fuel.

I live in a big city, so I know where every Sunoco station is, and plan my fill ups accordingly. Last weekend I went to my girlfriend's cottage out of town. Let me tell you, there isn't a Sunoco station for hundreds of miles up there. I guess there's no demand for Ultra 94 up there, all the local yokels drive pickup trucks and beat up "donks". I had to bring a jerry-can with me full of Ultra 94 just so I can make it back to the city without making my engine cry for it's mama.

And that's that.
                            Toronto lol.... We dont have a single gas station in WPG with 94 Octane... i cant have a H22A without having to mix my own fuel... or i go avation fuel.
                            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

here in rapid city sd depending on where u go i can get any where from 85 87 91 94 110 but 110 is near the drag strip they say its raceing fuel and to only be used on the track but u know what i say who cares they use it over in japan y cant we use it here
                              [IMG]http://cdn0.youplusplus.com/bs/small.84960.jpg[/IMG short ram,wires.plugs,header

Comment

Working...
                              X