Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP! car wont shift from park!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
    shift interlock?
    X2 on this, Solenoid is probably fried.
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

what's the shift interlock/solenoid?
      where's it located and what does it do?
      (sorry, im somewhat new to electric on cars)

Comment

Originally posted by stelvio
        what's the shift interlock/solenoid?
        where's it located and what does it do?
        (sorry, im somewhat new to electric on cars)
        Its on the passenger side of the center console (attached to the shifter portion) it raises the lock on the park switch, so you can take it out of park, enabled my the brake pedal. But, you said alot of other things dont work, i would check your fuses, under the hood, and drivers side panel. sounds like something is blown.
        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

okay i found the shifter solenoid thing...but i HAVE checked ALL the fuses =(

Comment

does anybody know where the wires from the clock go?
            and where i can find them?

Comment

its one of the fuses, im not sure which one but i know its one of them under the hood cause i had the same problem with me, mine happened to me at honda day at the race track and because of that i could autocross....but i think its the fuse for the horn and dash lights its either that one or the one for the tail lights i cant remember

To some people, a car is a car. But to people like us, its so much more than just a car. Its a getaway. Its our hiding spot. Its our comfort. Its an extension of ourselves.

Comment

check fuses, i had the same problem on my civic, same symptoms, come to find out the horn fuse was blown, it also controls the shift lock release.

Comment

tranny solenoids maybe?

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

okay, i'll be sure to check the fuses again...
                    but i already checked them 3 times already, like every single one of them and they weren't blown.
                    could they still be the problem even though they're not blown?

Comment

ok mabye i have a harder time understanding this....sorry...but what are the transmission solenoids? and how do they look?

**ps, is it the little switch that pulls back the piece of plastic when you press the brake in order for the gear shift to get out of PARK?**

Comment

dont even worry about the trans silinoids...that deals with shifting not getting out of park.

does ur brake lights turn on when u hit the brake?

there is a switch under the dash on top of the brake that enables the shifter to release
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the brakelights do come on...i checked the switch under the dash on top of the brake

Comment

did u check the big main fuses? if not u might wanna check thoughs
                            Blake.
                            1994 Accord Part out!
                            Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

I've had this problem before... it was my horn fuse. When checking them, did you take them 'All the way out' ?
                              -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                              if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                              Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

just replace the horn and dash fuse, trust me i had the same exact problem and so did some one else who posted and we both said our horn wasnt working and then we replaced that fuse and vwala our horn, dash were working and we were able to get it out of park with out needed a key in there

To some people, a car is a car. But to people like us, its so much more than just a car. Its a getaway. Its our hiding spot. Its our comfort. Its an extension of ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X