Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22: How fast can I expect to be going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22: How fast can I expect to be going?

I'm saving for my swap, and I just wanted to know, since I've never ridden in a CB7 with an H22 in it, anybody care to brag (lol..) but be honest about how fast it is? Keep in mind i have a 4 door, will that end up slow no matter what? I'm tired of being laughed at for liking my slow car and I want to be able to smoke some civics/preludes/crxs/mustangs and everyone else who thinks they're super quick here. Is it quick off the line?does it actually move when you stomp on it at 80 unlike my F22 lol?

Please also let me know if the blacktop would be fast or if i should just save for the 97-98 type s redtop? Either way, it will be a full engine and tranny swap from hmotorsonline.

$3500 below is what local shop quoted me on complete engine/tranny swap kitand full labor cost plus some extras. I know its expensive but there are only 2 shops here that can do it, one quoted 5k and one 3.5k. so you don't have to lecture me further on the price lol...i know it can be done for 2k in bigger cities but these are my only options =(

Any input helps and is appreciated!
    Brendan
    Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126992

An engine hoist is $125. Doing it yourself is free. It's a VERY easy swap. You tap one hole in the transmission. You run 4 wires. You run custom PS and AC lines (there are other ways). You use the Accord fuel rail, with the Prelude injectors. The sticky thread in the swaps forum here breaks it all down. I paid what you're about to pay for my swap 5 years ago... the shop really screwed it up (I'm still finding stupid crap they did), and the $1750 labor that I paid was outrageous.

The "red top" isn't worth the price. For the extra cash you'd spend on that, you could do a full valvetrain and cam upgrade to make more power with the regular H22.

If you want to order an upgrade, get the LSD transmission. They were on backorder when I got my swap, so I never got one... I regret not waiting.

As for it being fast... someone else just made the same thread... It's 75 more horsepower than what you have now. Yes, it's faster. No, it won't feel like you're riding around in a Viper... New Maximas, V6 Accords, and even V6 Camrys are probably faster (I had a Maxima walk on me last year). Still, it's a fun drive, and there are plenty of options.

In some years, the sedan is actually lighter than the coupe. I don't know why people think 4 doors means it's heavier...

Finally, just to put some things into perspective... HondaFan81's NA F22A would probably beat my H22 in a race.

Comment

Its not going to make your car a supercar. Just adds into fun factor.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

i agree with johnd

its worth it for sure but dont expect a family car to be an enzo when you swap it. you will definetly be a little competition to the cars you mentioned!

and yes at 80 a downshift into 4th will be in vtec so you will have power
        when i downshift i do it at 75 and its right under vtec and engages right away, ive never downshifted into vtec range.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I never had ridden in a car with a h22 until I swapped it. Don't be apprehensive and think its going to be a little bit faster cause its really not that much more horsepower. This was my first expensive project, ever. I did the swap when I was 17 and still in highschool. I had no prior car experience what so ever, just a appetite to learn stuff, and to learn it the right way. With the help of all the people on the forums and the stickies (find the swap sticky it will be your bible!). When it comes down to it its all nuts and bolts.

All I can say is you will be grinning like a mother f*cker when you hit the gas for the first time in your H swapped accord. Honestly I dont think I have ever felt that happy before. The cost will disappear from your mind, kinda like you never spent or had the money for the swap to begin with.

I have 4 doors too :P.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
          Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
          Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
          04 WRX stg 2 sedan
          Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            An engine hoist is $125. Doing it yourself is free. It's a VERY easy swap. You tap one hole in the transmission. You run 4 wires. You run custom PS and AC lines (there are other ways). You use the Accord fuel rail, with the Prelude injectors. The sticky thread in the swaps forum here breaks it all down. I paid what you're about to pay for my swap 5 years ago... the shop really screwed it up (I'm still finding stupid crap they did), and the $1750 labor that I paid was outrageous.

The "red top" isn't worth the price. For the extra cash you'd spend on that, you could do a full valvetrain and cam upgrade to make more power with the regular H22.

If you want to order an upgrade, get the LSD transmission. They were on backorder when I got my swap, so I never got one... I regret not waiting.

As for it being fast... someone else just made the same thread... It's 75 more horsepower than what you have now. Yes, it's faster. No, it won't feel like you're riding around in a Viper... New Maximas, V6 Accords, and even V6 Camrys are probably faster (I had a Maxima walk on me last year). Still, it's a fun drive, and there are plenty of options.

In some years, the sedan is actually lighter than the coupe. I don't know why people think 4 doors means it's heavier...

Finally, just to put some things into perspective... HondaFan81's NA F22A would probably beat my H22 in a race.

well lol, i'm kinda screwed as to doing it on my own. i have multiple excuses haha...never had a dad/grandpa/anybody to show me how to work on cars, i've just been self-taught with my CB7, so i'm not mechanically knowledgeable to do it. nor do i have a garage or even a driveway to do it in, also probably don't have 1/2 the tools I need haha.

Good thing about the shop is I have talked to and driven cars of his customers and they all were very well done. dont know anyone who did the H22 accord swap thru him tho. And I will be ordering the LSD when I've saved the money for it all =)

And as far as the engines saying they average 35k miles, how true is that? i'm doing this swap as an alternative to a new car...i just want something new since my F22 is about to hit 200k...so will this motor really have that low of mileage even tho the blacktop H22 is from the early 90s? I'm 19 and broke as a joke so I need a good reliable daily driver lol. would want it to be well maintenanced and run up to 250k, is that possible with the motor from hmotorsonline?

PS-Thanks for a great site and all the helpful insite man

Comment

Originally posted by (406)cb7

And as far as the engines saying they average 35k miles, how true is that? i'm doing this swap as an alternative to a new car...i just want something new since my F22 is about to hit 200k...so will this motor really have that low of mileage even tho the blacktop H22 is from the early 90s? I'm 19 and broke as a joke so I need a good reliable daily driver lol. would want it to be well maintenanced and run up to 250k, is that possible with the motor from hmotorsonline?

PS-Thanks for a great site and all the helpful insite man
              I'd crack it open and take a peek in it first (before it gets dropped in)
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=sludge
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by myk
                I never had ridden in a car with a h22 until I swapped it. Don't be apprehensive and think its going to be a little bit faster cause its really not that much more horsepower. This was my first expensive project, ever. I did the swap when I was 17 and still in highschool. I had no prior car experience what so ever, just a appetite to learn stuff, and to learn it the right way. With the help of all the people on the forums and the stickies (find the swap sticky it will be your bible!). When it comes down to it its all nuts and bolts.

All I can say is you will be grinning like a mother f*cker when you hit the gas for the first time in your H swapped accord. Honestly I dont think I have ever felt that happy before. The cost will disappear from your mind, kinda like you never spent or had the money for the swap to begin with.

I have 4 doors too :P.
                so you're saying even tho its not a huge gain, it will end up being alot more that I expected? I'm dying to know what a H22 in my CB7 will be like before I get it cuz I'm an impatient bastard lol.i just want to be able to stun some people when they think they're racing a puny stock F22A accord like the ones that are around here...

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                  I'd crack it open and take a peek in it first (before it gets dropped in)
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=sludge
                  will do man. Dennis (guy doing swap) said he cracks them all open and checks them anyways before he starts anything, seems like a real legit dude that actually cares about me not getting ripped off. Also reccomended me being there during the swap

Comment

My dog knows more about cars than any man in my family... I didn't even know how to drive stick when I got my CB7. The swap is so easy, it's really not necessary to go into it knowing anything at all. With the resources provided on this site, you just have to follow the directions, ask questions, and do it!

Not having a driveway sucks, I understand. I have a grass driveway, and I'll be swapping (and hopefully boosting) my 86 Accord in the coming months. I also plan on completely rebuilding my H22.

Seriously, though... You'd need a few sockets, maybe 2 ratchets, a ball-joint separator (able to be borowed for free from most stores), an engine hoist ($150 tops), jackstands ($30), a die and tap set ($60?), some wire, and the proper replacement parts (sparkplugs, distributor cap and rotor, timing belt, water pump...) If you went overboard, you'd spend $500 on everything... ensuring that your engine ran well, that you had all the tools, and gaining more knowledge than you'd expect in a very short time.

Find a friend with a driveway, or rent a garage for a week... and only that long because you're new. People on here can begin a swap after breakfast and finish before bed. Sometimes even before dinner.

Seriously... I regret nothing more than how much I wasted having a shop halfass my swap! Your shop may be better... but you're still shelling out a TON of money for something that's really not that hard to do! With the money you'd save by doing it yourself, and the knowledge you'd gain, you could do a LOT more.

To add to my reference above... my brother in law, who has as many bolt-ons on his F22A1 as I do on my H22A, ran a 15.9 quarter mile. My best has been 15.023 (and that was actually with HIM driving my car! ) The H22 should be capable of high 14s, though. Mine hasn't been very healthy, and at the time of that run, my clutch was riding on rivets.

Comment

oh the H swap is so nice if you can justify the cost plus using premium fuel. Its just so fluid the engine its like having a regular engine and then 2k more rpm to play with ontop of that with more power.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

you will love Vtec on the h22, you will heard and feel the kick of vtec on. before vtec engage at around 5200rpm on mine, forgot the stock vtec point.. your car is basically an f22, until vtec kick in and hear the engine scream you will love driving on the highway with h22 downshift within vtec range really pull.

ps. if your h22 come with a jdm p13 ecu then you have a speed limiter of 115mph, not that you need to go faster but there a chip to remove that. Have fun reving up to 7.5k rpm
                        90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                        < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

H22 in any CB7 or CB9 is fun as hell. I have raced a few swapped civics and have beaten them. i am a girl so if that tells you anything then you will be pleased with your swap.

Comment

Originally posted by (406)cb7
                            well lol, i'm kinda screwed as to doing it on my own. i have multiple excuses haha...never had a dad/grandpa/anybody to show me how to work on cars, i've just been self-taught with my CB7, so i'm not mechanically knowledgeable to do it. nor do i have a garage or even a driveway to do it in, also probably don't have 1/2 the tools I need haha.
                            My dad never really worked on cars before I became interested. One day I just decided to do stuff myself, mainly to save money. I had a limited number of sockets and a willingness to learn. Over the past 2 years I have slowly gathered more tools. At this point I think I have taken almost everything off this car and put it back at least once. Just go out and tinker around.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Don't let the lack of tools stop you from doing it, man. You only need maybe the same 4 sockets (10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm), a couple of extensions, a decent ratchet/breaker bar, and maybe some end wrench's in the same sizes. $50, at the most.

Really, you can get the engine+tranny for $1500, spend maybe $500 on fix up parts (timing belt, water pump, etc), $50 on tools, $125 for a cherry picker, and maybe $50 for some jack stands. You'd end up a grand cheaper than paying someone else to do it, plus you'd get all sorts of experience with your car.
                              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Working...
                              X