Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20B swap problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20B swap problem...

Hi!

I have finished my F20B swap like 10minutes ago
    But, when I started it, it went up to 3000rpm, and just stayed there
    Any idea what it could be?
    Not getting any CELs btw...
    My members rides thread

theres a little screw on the throttle body u turn it to adjust u rpm ..maybe someone with pics could show u or explain better

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
    disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Ill see if I can find it, thanks

Btw, on first start up it got to 1000rpm, then it bounced up to 3000, down to 1000, and back up to 3000
      My members rides thread

Comment

Originally posted by 4cc0rdcb3
        Btw, on first start up it got to 1000rpm, then it bounced up to 3000, down to 1000, and back up to 3000
        Sounds like a TPS or O2 sensor.. that's the problem I'm having with my car right now, its idling all over the place and runs like crap right now

Originally posted by Juice21
        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
        Originally posted by GameChewer
        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

If it's a bouncing idle, clean your FITV and throttle body. The screw on the throttle body is also good for adjusting the idle, but some people recommend against touching that. It worked for me, but I was very careful with it.

I don't believe a TPS or o2 sensor would cause a bouncing idle. However, they're both replaced easily enough. DO NOT get a cheap replacement o2 sensor. Get OEM only. Bosch and other autoparts store replacement parts never seem to work right on our cars. As for the TPS sensor, those things that appear to be rivets are just headless screws. Use a hacksaw to cut a slot in them, and they'll back out with a flathead screwdriver. You'll need to properly calibrate the new sensor, though... I believe there's a writeup on that here.

However, I doubt those things are causing your problem. They're both smart things to replace anyway, however.

Comment

I used the intake mani from my old H22A, and everything worked fine when it was on that engine...
            If the thermostat is broken, how will I know?
            And, will it affect the idle...
            My members rides thread

Comment

If you have a question about the thermostat... just replace it. They're dirt cheap. Again, something that's good to replace anyway!

The thermostat wouldn't cause a bouncing idle, as far as I know. The only thing it would do is cause your car to idle as if it were always at one temperature... which, if read as cold, would possibly keep the RPM high (though the o2 sensor usually kicks into open loop when it gets to operating temp, which is usually what brings the idle down.

Also, don't forget... what worked on the h22 won't necessarily work on the F20B. It's a different engine, with different breathing requirements. The fact that it's set up for the h22 may be exactly what the problem is.

Clean the IACV and throttle body first.

If that doesn't work, adjust the screw VERY slowly and carefully. Small turn, wait, goose the gas a little, and see where it settles. The surging should go away gradually, until it totally stops.

Comment

I discovered one more thing, when I let the car run today, still jumped from 1000 to 1800rpm, the fan doesnt kick in
                So I had to stop it before it over heated....
                Any idea what causes this, and, will it affect my idling?
                Appreciate all answers
                My members rides thread

Comment

What ECU did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    What ECU did you use?
                    I used a stock P13 at first, but switched to my chipped P28, adjusted the idle, and now it seems to be fine
                    But my fan doesnt come on, and the car isnt overheating...
                    Going to change the fan switch and see if that helps.
                    Fan is working btw...
                    My members rides thread

Comment

Originally posted by Juice21
                      theres a little screw on the throttle body u turn it to adjust u rpm ..maybe someone with pics could show u or explain better
                      That is the LAST and when I mean last the LAST thing you touch adjusting idle. It could be as simple as something like a vac leak or a hose disconnected. But NEVER touch the idle screw unless all other methods have been resolved.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I did search for leaks, but couldnt find any...
                        I also tried to clean my IACV, but that didnt work either...
                        But if there were a leak, wouldnt the idle keep bouncing after I adjusted it
                        Appreciate all tips
                        My members rides thread

Comment

Working...
                        X