Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

gear stuck in "P" + stuck key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gear stuck in "P" + stuck key

I noticed recently that when I shift back to "P", the gear shifts in but gear position light doesnt come up.

It will stuck there and I cant shift out from "P" until the light comes back on.

Also, the key will stuck at the the ignition position when you try to turn it completely to the off position. So, I can't get my key out too, until the light comes back on.

What's the catch here?
    my rims cost more than my car

Originally posted by stanchua
    I noticed recently that when I shift back to "P", the gear shifts in but gear position light doesnt come up.

It will stuck there and I cant shift out from "P" until the light comes back on.

Also, the key will stuck at the the ignition position when you try to turn it completely to the off position. So, I can't get my key out too, until the light comes back on.

What's the catch here?
    I would try adjusting the shift cable a little......

Comment

check to see if your nutral safety switch works, check the wires going into the auto shifter. check if it clicks inside the shifter.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

oh dear lord i had this problem. urked the trash out of my nerves because i could never figure out how to get rid of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
          check to see if your nutral safety switch works, check the wires going into the auto shifter. check if it clicks inside the shifter.
          X2 mine was fried as well. You need to let it fully warm up before it locks in place before you can move it back out again right? I had that problem for the longest time, ended up being some toasted wiring and NSS.
          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593
            X2 mine was fried as well. You need to let it fully warm up before it locks in place before you can move it back out again right? I had that problem for the longest time, ended up being some toasted wiring and NSS.
            i keep stepping and releasing the break and it will lock in (with lights) faster...

there's a relay that clicks once the gear locks in, i can hear it and its somewhere close to the hood switch, will be doing it tonight

Comment

i keep stepping and releasing the break and it will lock in (with lights) faster...

there's a relay that clicks once the gear locks in, i can hear it and its somewhere close to the hood switch, will be doing it tonight
              What your hearing is the lock solenoid. If you can hear it, its fine. Ii tried the SAME thing, and it wasnt it. Go to the JY and get a Neutral switch, i can almost garuntee thats it. Alll my problems went away after.

Comment

Sounds like the car thinks its in another gear.

Because only in park does the key come out and the solenoid activates
                wat?

Comment

check 2 see if its ground
                  MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                    Sounds like the car thinks its in another gear.

Because only in park does the key come out and the solenoid activates
                    Its not in another gear, and its not the ground -.-
                    I had the EXACT same problem with my accord. The Neutral Saftey switch was fried, it wouldnt work untilt he car was nice and toasy warm, (it had to warm up until the indicator on the dash lit up, then i was able to remove my key) The tranny is shifting properly, and everything else is fine. The other thing you can do is play with the neutral swtich, unbolt it, and move it either back or forward, that can ajust it, giving it less slack when you go to shift it. I HIGHLY suggest just getting a new one and saving yourself hours of pain.

Comment

where is it located?

Comment

where is it located?
                        Driver side right under the shifter, white peice with 2 connectors, has 10 visible solder points on it.

Comment

sweet! will get 1 from junkyard if i cant fix it

thank you all!

Comment

sweet! will get 1 from junkyard if i cant fix it

thank you all!
                            You need a pic of one? I have one infront of my keyboard lmao

Comment

it used to happen in my old car a lot. my friends car too. we would just jiggle the hell out of the steering wheel and keys until it came out. never knew what it was

no
                              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                              $30 HID kits here Thread
                              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                              X