Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hours of work and money gone. problem isn't though.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hours of work and money gone. problem isn't though.

so about a month ago me and my buddies swapped out my jimmy-rigged shortram for my CAI. well like the next day i started to notice surging/dying problems. got the fuel pressure checked and it was 20 psi under. so once again me and my buddies swapped the fuel pump...which was a pain. still the problem was there. so i swapped out the fuel filter thinking maybe its just blocked. still not fixed. thought it was a vacuum line cause one had a hole in it still not fixed. i noticed the coolant hoses to my throttle body/intake mani are cracked and leaking coolant. a few days ago i was checking out my car trying to figure out what the problem is cause i had been noticing a bit of smoke coming out of my hood occasionally. well i checked and noticed my entire block had oil on it from the head down but the head itself was perfectly clean. i have no idea if this is the problem or what it is.

i guess maybe i should explain what that problem is. sometimes during take off or just cruising down the road the car will start to stutter and lose power. sometimes it goes away and power comes back. other times i have to keep letting off then pressing the throttle just to maintain speed. however if i well push the gas a bit harder and make it downshift so my rpms are above 4000 then it goes away. i'm at my wits end.

i drive a f22a1 bored cammed I/H/E
    90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
    91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

did u perhaps drive through a puddle of water? water in the engine=bad

Comment

is your engine upgraded much?
      like.. did you change your compression?
      if you did, it might require higher octane gas, unless you're already running higher.. then i dont know..
      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

distributor maybe?
        DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
          distributor maybe?
          That or jump CEL.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
            distributor maybe?
            I was thinking the same, or just a bad ignition module. Pretty common on CB7's.

'91 Cobalt Sedan w/ 300k (owned since new, moddin' it since '98)
            www.tsxclub.com

Comment

If your 20psi down on Fuel pressure, Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                If your 20psi down on Fuel pressure, Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator?
                That would be something to check but what makes me curious is changing a CAI drops fuel pressure lol.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  That would be something to check but what makes me curious is changing a CAI drops fuel pressure lol.
                  Yea it is a bit strange, Maybe just a coincidence
                  Though he did also say there are/were multiple other problems - split coolant hoses, leaking vacuum lines . . . which I highly doubt happened from installing a CAI.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Though he did also say there are/were multiple other problems - split coolant hoses, leaking vacuum lines . . . which I highly doubt happened from installing a CAI.
                    That is true. You never know.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i had the same problem with my car...it would feel like it was gonna die and really hold back than i would shift and it would be fine...than go up in rpms it would struggle again......After 10 months of trouble and no car i just bought a new one...

Comment

While testing setups for my nitrous, i put in a set of h22 injectors and i was going through the same thing. He may have a bad injector that is not pulsing when it should or staying open too long. THis will also cause a drop in fuel pressure. I think it happening with the CAI is coincidence.

Try going to the j/y and finding yourself a set of f22 injectors, soak them in injector cleaner overnight and wipe them off good and get some new seals and install. If it works then its fixed, if not you have a clean set of injectors at least.
                        vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade
                          did u perhaps drive through a puddle of water? water in the engine=bad
                          no i live in new mexico. desert=no rain. well none at least since i've put the CAI on.

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                          is your engine upgraded much?
                          like.. did you change your compression?
                          if you did, it might require higher octane gas, unless you're already running higher.. then i dont know..
                          yeah its at about 9.5:1 i'm already running 91 octane. only thing that's gone into the engine since it was bored cammed etc....so about the last 7000 miles

yeah it was just coincidence...old cars have old hoes ....oh my bad i meant hoses...

Originally posted by arcadiacb7
                          Try going to the j/y and finding yourself a set of f22 injectors, soak them in injector cleaner overnight and wipe them off good and get some new seals and install. If it works then its fixed, if not you have a clean set of injectors at least.
                          yeah i think i may just wait until i get paid and buy a new set all together. why have a clean set when you can get a new set for cheap?

i guess the next two things i'll check will be the regulator and injectors...

thanks for all the input and help But nobody has said anything about the oil leak coming from between the head and block.

Comment

I was gonna say about the leak from the head. So if you're saying your block is covered in oil and your head is perfectly clean you have a leaky headgasket. HOWEVER you must REALLY make sure the head is clean, because the VCGs on those leak all the time! which cover the head AND block in oil.
                            Also check your coolant level in the rad. Low coolant or bubbles will cause a surge, make sure to burp the cooling system. Also check your throttle cable tension at the TB. There should be a little slack, not to much, but also not tight. That causes surge on Hondas as well

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsta
                              I was gonna say about the leak from the head. So if you're saying your block is covered in oil and your head is perfectly clean you have a leaky headgasket. HOWEVER you must REALLY make sure the head is clean, because the VCGs on those leak all the time! which cover the head AND block in oil.
                              Also check your coolant level in the rad. Low coolant or bubbles will cause a surge, make sure to burp the cooling system. Also check your throttle cable tension at the TB. There should be a little slack, not to much, but also not tight. That causes surge on Hondas as well

yes i'm sure the head is clean. it looks just like the clean shiny aluminium it was a few months ago. you can see the clear distinction between the oil-covered block and the clean head. i'll try to post some pics cause it's even leaking down onto my headers near the 2-1 collector. checked the coolant same day as i changed the fuel filter. checked a few days ago and the rad was full to the top. i'll check the cable now when i start to fix my door....stupid locking my damn keys in the car

Comment

Working...
                              X