Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voltage

has anyone had this problem???
    a while back my alternator was replaced, at first it was great no problems or anything i had my subs still and they sounded great. but for some reason it all started to go downhill, my subs wouldnt hit my headlights were dim and my battery light started to come on. i got it checked out and i was told that i was only getting 10 volts to the back of the car, this is on my cb7 sedan so its there just waiting for a cure, any ideas what it could be???
    "thats where i saw the leprechaun, He told me to burn things"

How old is the battery?
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Where did you get the alt?
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by customchord
        How old is the battery?
        battery is maybe a month old...

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
          Where did you get the alt?
          NAPA

Comment

Originally posted by peteyP
            NAPA
            Rebuilt? Its probably failing, did the give you a warranty?
            wat?

Comment

yea i got the warranty, looks like im gonna have to take it back

Comment

make sure that the 4pin green plug is cleaned out and securely inserted in there. Mine looks like crap.. had tons of white junk in it. and the insulation around the wires looks like they are coming off or getting brittle.

I sprayed electric cleaner and banged out the stuff and made sure to really get a good tight connection in there... Anyway I would trouble shoot that green plug before taking it back.
                AD5OS
                FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS
                  make sure that the 4pin green plug is cleaned out and securely inserted in there. Mine looks like crap.. had tons of white junk in it. and the insulation around the wires looks like they are coming off or getting brittle.

I sprayed electric cleaner and banged out the stuff and made sure to really get a good tight connection in there... Anyway I would trouble shoot that green plug before taking it back.
                  Leave the white stuff in there - Its basically a water inhibitor to prevent those terminals corroding.

If you can check the output at the alternator, You said voltage was 10v at the back of the car. Have you got your battery in the boot? What gauge wiring did you use?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i used a 8 gauge wire

Comment

8 gauge is too small - More than likely the cause of your voltage drop.
                      As I said check the output at the alternator then at the battery, and note the difference.
                      I would recommend changing the wire to at least 4 gauge, or 2 gauge if you can.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                        8 gauge is too small - More than likely the cause of your voltage drop.
                        As I said check the output at the alternator then at the battery, and note the difference.
                        I would recommend changing the wire to at least 4 gauge, or 2 gauge if you can.
                        thanks for the advice im gonna have to check that out

Comment

Working...
                        X