Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Light-Weight Wheels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light-Weight Wheels??

good idea to put light-weight wheels(or Rims) on my 92 Accord EX?

i know the cars weight close to 3K in LBS so i wanted to know if you guys would think it be a good idea or should i drop the weight off the car first before even thinking bout it.

Lighter is always good.
    Raceline USA

Comment

Actually starting out with saving unsprung weight, weight that is not supported by the suspension (wheels, brakes, and the suspension itself), is the most effective place to save weight. I forget the exact ratio, but I think it's something to the effect of for every pound of unsprung weight you save it's like saving ten pounds of sprung weight.
      Originally posted by 92dm
      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
      VOUCHES
      Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Some of the cheapest lightweight wheels you can get are the Rota Slipstreams. There are more expensive options from Volk/Rays/GramLights, Spoon, Mugen, etc...

Stock alloys are fairly light, and I believe the Prelude "blades" are some of the lightest. The 96 spec ITR wheels fit our pattern, and are also very light.

Smaller wheels are better. The tire is heavy, and having the weight of it closer to the center, rather than way out at the edge is best. If you want the best performance, get 15" wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Zer0_92EX
          good idea to put light-weight wheels(or Rims) on my 92 Accord EX?

i know the cars weight close to 3K in LBS so i wanted to know if you guys would think it be a good idea or should i drop the weight off the car first before even thinking bout it.

yeah most volk wheels that are forged and non two piece are some of the lightest and strongest wheels out there.
          Newcummer

Comment

yeah lighter is better, I've got some 16lb ROJA formula 7s in 17s that are forged and super strong as well. My steering right after I did this felt so much lighter and more lively going around corners. It was a pretty noticeable diff. It'll help w/ your accel. times as well as gas mpg might increase since there's less rotating mass.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I think my RE30s weight around 9lbs.
              Raceline USA

Comment

http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/d...desc=&section=
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about the Traklite... I never really liked Motegi, but that really is a quality wheel.

Comment

umm.. kinda n00bish question: would having lighter wheels make your wheels spin more or less when you floor it outta first?

not that i do that or anything >.> <.< lol
                    峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

yeah think about it. Your engine puts the power to the tranny, the tranny has to spin the wheels, so if the wheels are lighter, in turn they will be easier to spin.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                        umm.. kinda n00bish question: would having lighter wheels make your wheels spin more or less when you floor it outta first?

not that i do that or anything >.> <.< lol
                        yes you will make a nice squeeling noise lol

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Less un-sprung weight helps you get off the line quicker, so you can stop spinning your wheels and start racing them.
                          lol then why does it say this in the traklite's website?
                          i read that and was like... "wouldnt it make them spin more..?"

meh.. false advertising.. suing FTW lol ;]
                          峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                            lol then why does it say this in the traklite's website?
                            i read that and was like... "wouldnt it make them spin more..?"

meh.. false advertising.. suing FTW lol ;]
                            Not false advertising. Rims can be light it doesnt matter less parasitic drag. Its the tire that matters more than the weight of the rim. You can put a shitty nankang or some off brand on your car compared to a toyo RA1 and both would perform differently and will help your "spin" factor.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

but it wasnt an advertisement for tires.. it was one for the rims >.>
                              they say their lighter rims make for less spin and more race..

they dont mention anything about any tires ^-^
                              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

Comment

Working...
                              X