Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

power steering and ac compressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power steering and ac compressor?

ok i'm wanting to take off my power steering and my ac compressor and my cruise control but idk how . Can any help me or show me a thread that will cause i cant find any.
    Last edited by f22a1accord; 03-19-2008, 11:04 PM.
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

haynes manual is a must.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      haynes manual is a must.

to take off powersteering, you need to take off the belt, remove the pump and bracket. remove the resovor, and cooling lines/cooler. then you will have 3 lines going into the race at the bottom. first 2 lines go to the transmission, and the 3rd one goes to the power steering rack. cut the last one and squease it together. now power steering is removed.

to remove cruse control is very easy. you need to take off the unit, and line. thats it.

to take off a/c. you need to take off the belt, remove the pump and bracket. make sure you took all the freon out of the system. the take off all the lines. a/c is removed.

remineder, if you take off p/s its a bitch to turn. i would recommend greasing up the rack with grease.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Taking off the power steering will eventually lead to rack failure, unless you loop the lines, or convert to a manual steering rack (some DX models had them... I have yet to see one, however).

CC also has a control module under the dashboard, near the main relay. That can come out as well, if it matters to you.

When removing the AC, be sure that the system is properly drained. Keep in mind that it IS illegal to vent an AC system into the atmosphere. There are only certain shops that can legally empty your system if it still has a charge. If you're thoughtless enough to vent it yourself, don't freeze yourself on the venting freon. It is very cold.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          Taking off the power steering will eventually lead to rack failure, unless you loop the lines, or convert to a manual steering rack (some DX models had them... I have yet to see one, however).

CC also has a control module under the dashboard, near the main relay. That can come out as well, if it matters to you.

When removing the AC, be sure that the system is properly drained. Keep in mind that it IS illegal to vent an AC system into the atmosphere. There are only certain shops that can legally empty your system if it still has a charge. If you're thoughtless enough to vent it yourself, don't freeze yourself on the venting freon. It is very cold.
          can we just shot grease into the rack and will it cause any future problems?
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

If you keep it greased, maybe not... but if it dries out, it'll fail.

Comment

ok... i'm prolly gunna leave the p/s on but it looks like my a/c belt is with my alternator is this correct ? If so what do i need to do, get a custom belt?
              My cb7

h22a
              5-spd lsd

Comment

Get a belt for a DX that didn't come with AC. AC was an option on the low-end DX models.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord
                  ok i'm wanting to take off my power steering and my ac compressor and my cruise control but idk how . Can any help me or show me a thread that will cause i cant find any.
                  are you trying to gain more HP from taking those units out of the system. just curious.

Comment

all of the items you listed are easily removed with a simple socket and ratchet set. just dont be scared and rip and tear!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by alkoholikwun
                      are you trying to gain more HP from taking those units out of the system. just curious.
                      No im not looking to free up some hp... Im going for appearence more than anything, plus i have a few toys on tha way .. 2g dsm manifold, t25 turbo, FMIC etc...
                      My cb7

h22a
                      5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord
                        plus i have a few toys on tha way .. 2g dsm manifold, t25 turbo, FMIC etc...

Playschool toys!!! lol JK

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                        member ride thread
                        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Hey buddy

I have a project car that me and a few buddies work on that gets really good gas mileage. We gutted out the AC system and converted the power system to save on weight and engine load. For the power steering we just took the input and out put hoses and connected them together. for the Alternator we just took a measurement of what it would take to fit there and found a similar belt from a totally different make and it worked great.

We gutted the AC which was fun. its totally easy with the engine and tranny out but Im sure you can do it with it in. We got a AC vacuum off ebay for like $20 and sucked everything out of the system I think from the high pressure port and low pressure port. Then took out the compressor, evaporator and everything in between including that grill thing that is escaping my memory. we used saws to just cute the lines and took them out.

We also totally blocked off the radiator cowls. We used LED lights for all lighting except for the head lights. We have a sheet of hard plastic from the engine to the rear to reduce drag. We took off the antenna and rear view mirrors. added a rear wheel cover like on an insight. We have totally plain solid hubcaps that we made. and our last effort is to convert the back hatch of this hatchback into a long protruding boat tail to further decrease drag.

Now we plan on using a seimans 50Kw motor and a mix of high capacity batteries and super capacitors to power the thing... wish us luck :P
                          AD5OS
                          FOLDING@home

Comment

Working...
                          X