Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB vibrates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB vibrates!

hello my fellow CBtuners! okay heres my problem my whole car vibrates when i put her in gear.say its in park and i put it down to reverse it vibrates like crazy!idk why?and also when shes in drive and im at a stop the car would vibrate.its gets annoying.what could be the problem?motor mounts?just guessin.thanks in advance

well for one ...it is a 17 year old car...so its not gunna be the smoothest anyway.. but what i was thinking is...do you have aftermarket exhaust? thats what my car did...i put some aspetos between the firewall and piping where it was vibrating and it took care of it

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
    cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
    Members Ride

Comment

first thing to check would be motor mounts. That is a big contributor to vibration.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

could be the heat shield on your catalytic converter. ive heard of that problem many times.

work in progress..

Comment

Originally posted by Georgia93coupe
          could be the heat shield on your catalytic converter. ive heard of that problem many times.
          That would not make the car "vibrate like crazy" as mentioned. It would just make noise.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

mine did the same thing yesterday, come to find out my bass knob was up too high lol.

Comment

If it's an automatic I would check the rear motor mount. The automatic rear motor mount is hydraulically controlled to reduce the vibrations by opening up a secondary chamber, or something like that, so it becomes softer at low rpms. They have a tendancy of going out, mine used to vibrate like crazy too, replaced the rear motor mount, and it's all good now.
              Originally posted by 92dm
              I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
              VOUCHES
              Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Originally posted by Opticon
                mine did the same thing yesterday, come to find out my bass knob was up too high lol.
                ^^^ lol.
                91CB7650 you're on the right track thinking its your motor mounts. does the vibration only occur when in gear or does it happen in park as well? if it only happens in gear, its the motor mounts (most likely the rear one). and it happens even when out of gear (neutral/park), i dont know what to tell you
                90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

i have the same prob to a point but my does it when i just sit there and my rpms jump around its bad to the point where my lights dim
                  [IMG]http://cdn0.youplusplus.com/bs/small.84960.jpg[/IMG short ram,wires.plugs,header

Comment

RPM too low obviously
                    Any car will vibrate (Especially a I-4) at 300-500 rpms
                    Mine does it, albeit very little it seems to like idleing at 350
                    Whats your hot idle in Park?
                    Your man for wiring solutions!
                    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

wheres a good place to get a new motor mount???(cheap price)

Comment

autozone or ebay
                        93 SE F22A6

Comment

ok cool. i was looking at mine this morning because my car vibrates alot also. and i need at least a new front motor mount.ahvent looked at the other one/ones yet.

Comment

how hard is to change motor mount? and is there a DIY?

Comment

hi I'm having the same issues as well so I did a used part search and have had about 20 different used parts places around quoting me around $60-70 for all 3 motor mounts. I really wanted to get some junk mounts that are craped out and do some urethane inserts and try out some 60shore mounts and see if they work better... Figure its worth $20-30 buts for the attempt. Those hydrolic fluid mounts I remember being a problem on my 93EX and cost something like $200 in the late 90s to repair.
                              AD5OS
                              FOLDING@home

Comment

Working...
                              X