Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

short ram or cold air???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc

You could always get a faux "Front-Mount" Intake....
    eww "inter-fooler" ftl

Comment

you shouldnt have any trouble if your using a k&n that is well oiled
      93 SE F22A6

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
        can i see that proof that i lose power with a SRI compared to the stock intake system? because i'll go throw it right back on after i read it.
        Yessir, just give me a minute to find it (it's on HT, we all know what a pain it is to find stuff on there).
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
          eww "inter-fooler" ftl

Well....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Enjoy, my friends.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2049478
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
              Dyno isn't a great place to test, not anywhere near as much moving air to equalize the bay temps and supply fresh air.
              wat?

Comment

Ah, but the intakes are all subjected to the same temperature. In the real world, both ARE subjected to the same intake temps once you get moving.

Comment

I'd say an ebay intake wouldn't matter, cuz to me tubing is pretty much all the same and I'd just throw an AEM cone on it
                  Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126992

Comment

which is really better tho? cold air? or short ram>? and why

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by popeyeamac
                      which is really better tho? cold air? or short ram>? and why
                      Cold air BUT money wise i'd go for short ram because power difference between a short ram and cold air ain't that far apart.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        Cold air BUT money wise i'd go for short ram because power difference between a short ram and cold air ain't that far apart.
                        I disagree ... it depends on your climate and weather but i say cold air is better because i dont like the idea of hot air in my engine bay going back into my engine .
                        My cb7

h22a
                        5-spd lsd
                        Lord, grant me the serenity
                        to accept the things I cannot change,
                        the courage to change the things I can,
                        and the wisdom to hide the bodies
                        of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Well FYI , while the vehicle is in motion engine bay is NOT that hot.

But to each his/her own. Just saying my .02
                          Last edited by ExplodingCake; 03-19-2008, 11:21 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i grabbed a cheap 20 dollar ebay short ram intake and just replaced the filter with a good one
                            Don't ask me, Im just here for the pizza
                            92 Accord Dx coupe

(dead f22a1- searching for new heart)nvm, fixed it. waitin for turbo

Comment

With a proper heat shield in place, short ram should be pretty decent. Those dyno results are a little screwed up because the short ram had the most disadvantages in that test. First, the filter was not new like the others, second, the battery is relocated which means hot air from the rad and the other stagnant air in the egine compartment can easily go to the filter and third it seems to be restricted... 2.5" piping maybe. I find it hard to believe you'd lose 6 hp vs stock.
                              1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                                Dyno isn't a great place to test, not anywhere near as much moving air to equalize the bay temps and supply fresh air.
                                Not to mention the power loss from heat soak from not letting the car cool properly between dyno runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X