Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Accord Newbie Needs Help With Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Newbie Needs Help With Upgrades

Ok Im New
    I Have A 93 Accord Lx Automatic
    Any Tips Or Recommendations Are Highly Appreciated
    Please Help
    I Have Mostly Spent Most Money On The Audio System So Far
    But Have A Few Other Upgrades Purchased Off Ebay
    Do U Recommend Buying Cheap Parts OFf Ebay?
    I Have A Header
    Short Ram Intake
    A Exhuast With Silencer
    Tail Lights
    Head Lights
    Spark Plug Wires
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs LOL

Now Im Not Trying To Pay More Then $250 For 1 Certain Upgrade Part, Im Not Looking For A Engine Swap Or Anything That Big, Lol,

I Wanna Start Working On The Feel Of The Ride And Handling
    And Looking On Ebay I Saw Some Things
    Sway Bars, Tie Bars, Struts, Shocks, Springs, Coilovers, Etc
    You Let Me Kno What I Should Or Shouldnt Buy?
    Also Are Getting Cam GEARS LIKE THE ONE BELOW A Good Idea?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Will I Feel A Defference With Them?

I Have A Lot Of Questions But Ima See If I Can Get Sum Answers To Those Ones First, Thanks.
    HIT ME UP IF YOU HAVE GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF RETROFITTING MINI H1'S IN EBAY ONE PIECES

I wouldn't recommend the cam gears. It just depends on what you want like performance handling or appearance. If you want handling get some kyb agx struts or koni yellow and some stiffer springs that will lower it a little.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

after searching ebay it looks like they will run around $325
      are there any cheaper ones u could recommend for under $250?
      HIT ME UP IF YOU HAVE GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF RETROFITTING MINI H1'S IN EBAY ONE PIECES

Comment

i'd say go with a good suspension setup first or fix anything wrong with your motor. a good suspension would be somethin like this

here's my setup

nuespeed springs
        tokiko blue shocks
        ingals adj. balljoint camber kit

if your lookin for performance wise search around for stuff, and I would stay away from a lot of ebay parts even though it may seem like a good deal the craftsmanship that goes along with that price might just be as low.

some good stuff to start with would be

5spd swap
        header
        intake
        exhaust
        maybe a delta 272 cam
        chipped ecu members like d112crazy or MRX can do that give em a pm
        the F22AX motor is a very good platform, and well there is more than enough proof on this site they can put down some horsepower.
        Originally posted by jboyce
        i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Any More Opinions People?

Comment

I started by getting an ebay CAI for 60 bucks shipped. Then i baught a jdm cat-back exhaust 2.5 to a 4.5 tip for $212. and my header was like $50. I noticed a huge difference.
            My cb7

h22a
            5-spd lsd
            Lord, grant me the serenity
            to accept the things I cannot change,
            the courage to change the things I can,
            and the wisdom to hide the bodies
            of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Go slowly. Spend the money for good parts. A good set of springs and shocks, or a good coilover setup, will run you between $600 and $800. You can go cheaper, but it won't be worthwhile. If you want performance, and not just a lowered car, you'll have to pay. That's actually a very reasonable price for a good suspension compared to other cars these days.

If you lower your car, you'll want a camber kit... $150 for a good camber kit is a LOT better than $300 for new tires.. which you will need without a camber kit.

Get some strut bars. Megan Racing ones are quite cheap on ebay, and they work well. The lower tie bar is worthless, but the upper front and rear are good. The set of 3 bars would be about $140 shipped, perhaps... maybe less. Sell the lower tie bar off to recoup some of the money. You'll probably get $30 for it.

Sway bars are good (or antisway bars, rather). Progress and Suspension Techniques are two popular makers. I believe a full front and rear set goes for about $250. I have yet to get mine. To use the rear, which is the most beneficial, you'll need to use EX rear parts (the EX models have a rear sway bar, the lower models like yours do not), or drill holes to mount the bar.

Understand what all the parts do before you choose to buy something. Cheap suspension parts should NEVER be purchased. The same goes for cheap brake parts. Intakes can be cheap, as long as you use a good filter (AEM or K&N). Exhaust can be cheap as long as you don't care about the sound, as the better ones sound MUCH better. A header doesn't matter all that much... the only worthwhile F22A header is the soon-to-be-released Bisimoto header, which is quite expensive for anyone who isn't serious about performance.

Comment

My opinion would to be start with a nice suspension set-up, i got the tokico blues with tokico spring whiched lowered mine 1.25 inches and love it for about $350.00
                2002 Mazda B-3000- Daily Driver
                1991 Honda Accord LX-Sold
                2000 Jeep Wrangler-SOLD
                1985 BMW-Autocrosser-SOLD
                1993 Honda Civic Hatchback-R.I.P

Comment

Blues are basically just stock replacement. They'll work on a budget, but they aren't a significant upgrade. Konis are considerably better.

Comment

i say screw handling. SLAM IT! j/k. i'd work on the suspension if you want handling. get the (anti-roll) sway bars and strut bars. whenever your shocks go out, make it easier for yourself and either get a full coilover setup or get some good shocks and some lowering springs/coilover sleeve kit
                    90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

Sleeve kits don't provide great performance... A quality full coilover system is good, or a good spring/strut combo (the Neuspeed Cup Kit would be my choice here)

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop208
                        after searching ebay it looks like they will run around $325
                        are there any cheaper ones u could recommend for under $250?
                        Gotta pay to play...
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

HOW MUCH FOR Konis AND THE NEUSPEED CUP KIT AND WHERE CAN I BUY THEM ONLINE?
                          I DONT SEE IT ON EBAY

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop208
                            HOW MUCH FOR Konis AND THE NEUSPEED CUP KIT AND WHERE CAN I BUY THEM ONLINE?
                            I DONT SEE IT ON EBAY
                            Funny... I found them in 2 seconds You don't really need to type in all caps... we get it...

Konis
                            Neuspeed Race springs

The Neuspeed Konis (one more height perch) aren't on ebay at the moment, it seems. It doesn't make that much of a difference.

Comment

Is Yellow The Only Color?
                              I Would Like Black
                              can i spray paint them?
                              Last edited by Scoop208; 03-19-2008, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X