Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

trany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trany

what trany besides h22 would go good hith the h22 gear ratio wise

Do you mean with the H22 engine? and the same ratio as the H22 box?
    Boxes that will fit H22 engine - F20/F22, H22, H23

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      Do you mean with the H22 engine? and the same ratio as the H22 box?
      Boxes that will fit H22 engine - F20/F22, H22, H23
      yea i was wanting a better gear ratio mine are too long i was wanting shorter gears

Comment

I'm not 100% on this but I've heard that the f22 tranny will work good because it has a longer ratio for shifting or something like that

Originally posted by Juice21
        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
        Originally posted by GameChewer
        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Originally posted by breeziebabyyy
          I'm not 100% on this but I've heard that the f22 tranny will work good because it has a longer ratio for shifting or something like that
          Yeah, if his H22 gears are too long, the F22 gears will be WAY too long!

The USDM H22 transmission has slightly shorter gearing than the JDM. I don't know if the F20B transmission is shorter, but it may be. I can't find the ratios anywhere to confirm.

You don't want to go too short... your car will be a pain to drive, and may actually be slower.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Yeah, if his H22 gears are too long, the F22 gears will be WAY too long!

The USDM H22 transmission has slightly shorter gearing than the JDM. I don't know if the F20B transmission is shorter, but it may be. I can't find the ratios anywhere to confirm.

You don't want to go too short... your car will be a pain to drive, and may actually be slower.
            yes going to short will make me fall out of v-tec but i plan to tune and lower my v-tec so it will all work out

Comment

any takers

Comment

Actually, going short will not make you fall out of vtec.. Long gears will.

Short gears will just make you rip through your powerband before you really go anywhere... as well as shift an extra time while racing.

And how do you plan on tuning and lowering the vtec?

Comment

t2t4 (f20b) tranny is about the same as the jdm h22 tranny. gotta order a better final drive. they run about $800
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

The jdm accord euro r and the edm accord type r have the shortest gear ratios stock, it just depends on wht 5th gear you want.

Accord Euro R Accord Type R
                    1st 3.285 1st 3.285
                    2nd 2.090 2nd 2.090
                    3rd 1.481 3rd 1.481
                    4th 1.071 4th 1.071
                    5th 0.812 5th 0.870
                    Final 4.266 Final 4.266
                    Last edited by 90goldcoupe; 03-17-2008, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Short gears will just make you rip through your powerband before you really go anywhere... as well as shift an extra time while racing.

Chipped ECU or VAFC. Setting vtec too low will not give you any benefit. I had mine set at 4500 once not that great but that was when i had the F. I also set it at 6700 once just for the hell of it lol that was fun. But now I have it set at 5000 but really when you tune you want the crossover to be smooth. Anyway as mentioned above the f20b trans is closer geared than the h22a. Cruising is gonna fail but the closer gearing will allow quicker acceleration. If you can find teh ATR trans in europe thats one of the closest H series geared trans I have seen.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

U2Q7 is the code for the EDM Accord Type-R tranny and T2W4 is the code for the JDM Accord Euro-R tranny. They both come with the factory lsd.

Comment

vafc-II chip and tune from revline

Comment

Not 100% but i have heard of people using the H23 tranny and having good luck with this, also i think the brand name is quarter something or other but they make a HtoB adapter where you can use a B series tranny.
                            2002 Mazda B-3000- Daily Driver
                            1991 Honda Accord LX-Sold
                            2000 Jeep Wrangler-SOLD
                            1985 BMW-Autocrosser-SOLD
                            1993 Honda Civic Hatchback-R.I.P

Comment

H2B is pointless on accords unless its for racing.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X