Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dash Swap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash Swap Question

if i change out my dash with another cb7 dash, whats gonna happen to my vin number? since the vin is part of the dash, a different dash = different vin?

you can pry the tag off with a screwdriver and swap them, they are just rivets into soft foam.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

because i found out my dash has been changed out because of the color and i dont know if the vin has been changed ><

Comment

compare it against the one on the sticker in the door frame also the one along the top edge of the firewall under the hood...

how do you know its been swapped out? tan interiors come with black dashboards from the factory, so it doenst glare and reflect against teh windshield.

Current cars:

Comment

when i bought the car it has blue seats, blue carpet, black dash, tan door handle trim and tan head liner. lol, what color should the dash be?

Comment

Originally posted by Opticon
            when i bought the car it has blue seats, blue carpet, black dash, tan door handle trim and tan head liner. lol, what color should the dash be?
            what color was the body of the car originally? im guessing by the tan headliner and handles, it was all tan with a black dash, that somebody swapped blue carpet/seats/door panels into.

Current cars:

Comment

your vin number is all over your car just match it to the one thats on your door/engine bay.trunk lid, floor under passenger seat.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

ooh i see, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                  what color was the body of the car originally? im guessing by the tan headliner and handles, it was all tan with a black dash, that somebody swapped blue carpet/seats/door panels into.
                  burgany

Comment

Just write the one on the firewall down and compare it to every other VIN location on the car. Thats what i did one day.

Luckily for me, everything matched up.

But if the Original colr was burgundy, plus the tan headliner, im betting your original INT color was tan/beige. Most ppl have a reason to change the seats/carpet, but not the headliner.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                    X